The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ABS Delete

Jellybean

I notice lately a lot of owners are deleting their ABS to facilitate the ‘Clean’ engine bay

Some models it was an optional extra

If we ignore the elephant in the room , it is there for your safety

• In terms of the availability of parts to maintain the system , I am tempted to do a delete now while the engine is out, new Brake master is getting fitted
  • Wheel speed sensors are becoming difficult to source , Forget if front/rears are discontinued ; only alternative may be to run digital speed sensors
  • Does a standalone ECU still retain the functionality of ABS, considering it uses the Yaw control module to independently control each caliper ? Trac ECU failed on mine , this was removed

To even know if it is feasible here for the NCT (MOT) ,

As I have an RZ model ABS was Standard

We have no indication on the VIN to suggest ABS was fitted

Only indicator is the ABS light in the dash, this can be blanked off, Will the wheel hub have provision for an ABS sensor vs an A80 model without ABS does not?

Basically , if I delete the ABS , will the tester have a valid argument to categorically say it was fitted with ABS put it back or no cert

Antilock brake system (ABS) (k).

Malfunction indicator light not working, not going through the correct sequence or indicates any kind of failure of the system.

(l). System indicates failure via the electronic vehicle interface.

(m).Wheel speed sensors missing or damaged.

(n). Wiring damaged.

o). Other components missing, disabled or damaged.

Modifications Report

e) Modification to the braking system including the addition or removal of equipment

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)