The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blown rear bulb warning system // Rear fog conversion

Noz

So, I've always wanted a rear fog in my rear lights. Currently, I have no rear fog.

I know Heckler created PCB that can direct an switch to turn on a set of rear lights as fogs for this, has anyone ever made a circuit that tells you when a rear light is actually not working? Not the OEM one that just says light out, but a specific WHICH bulb or even brake lights (does the OEM setup even consider the brake lights)?

I've created a bought that controls various front LED / Halo, I was looking to do something for the rear of the car just to tell me if any lights are. Using micro processor Arduino Mega.

Some may say, why bother, but one of my goals in my build is to modernise it in hundreds of ways electronically and have it feel like a modern car technically. LED door handles (fading on), rear parking sensors, updated interior electronics, front lights startup function (I've halo & LED sidelights).

Turning fog light when below 40mph and sharp turn as per the VAG cars is also on my radar!

Hoping to setup my aircup with a nice touchscreen for front/front+rear lifts.

Anyway, I'm side tracking LOL!

PCB v1,0.PNG

The oem system also comes with bumpers and wheels. I suppose no one needs ever change them either LOL.. plus I mean look at the supra electrics vs brand new cars. Why did they ever upgrade anything.

Most items are sufficient. It just depends how you want to modernise your car. Or leave it as it is. :)

Yeah Al. Any car really. I'll probably make two. Sell one just for fun and fit one to mine. Just for the hell of it.

Could be a good option for other cars that dont have a warning system for broken lights.

If cost effective, could be viable

Would be cheap to be fair. Most bits are easily found.

a true plug and play option with supra looms etc already attached would be good. But would push the cost up quite a lot id imagine.

Not if you can easier buy the connectors. To be honest, be easier than cutting. Wonder what connectors they use? Will have a Google in a moment.

I've tried looking, not that easy for the plug. I think I'll just install some multi pin connectors either end, so I can install and disconnect. Too much pain to try and source the impossible.

As long as it's removal easy enough, that's the main thing I suppose!

Edited by Noz (see edit history)