The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what I Have Noticed Since Driving My Supra Is That People Tend To.....

supra-alex

give me a positive response. Instead of going 'oh lets smash that car' or whatever i get the impression that the looks of the car win even the most dodgiest people over ?

I live in a decent area of northampton but next to a dodgy area and have been a bit worried in the first few days but not anymore...

you can actually lip read kids go "wow, what a car"

teenagers just stare and smile"

gizza's in bmw's realise that they car isn't the best in the area or whatever

i bought this car cuz i love the style, shape, engine even the original speakers and cd player are damn good, but never realised it would get this response from the public !!! amazing.

just wanted to know if anyone of you lot 'bring a smile to onlookers faces' ?

Yeah I've found this too.

The first week after I got the car I had a couple of negative responses from other road users and a couple of kids that made me wonder what life was going to be like owning a posh car, however since then it's all been good.

DEFINITE RESPECT.

When I took my son go-karting his friends all had a row about who went if my car. Stuff the go0karting. I had to take each of them out individually before they went home.

I have driven down the high street and had people say "nice car"

The old man up the road from my boyfriend stopped for a chat and told how lovely the car is.

And I frequently get kids offer to wash my car so they can have a nose.

Thats what you call a definite respect!!! :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

People posing by my car which is parked between a BMW and Merc for a picture!

Kids shouting WOW!, others just staring, the rest roar "let her at it".

Even a few real dodgy's "young offender centre" types asking which version it is as they have a model of it.

Girls shouting "I like the car - i'll make your night for you!" lmao...........while parked neXt to my mates M3 lmao........he nearly died off, I told him to sell the heap of junk and buY A SEXY CAR!.

Even a young chinese guy who hangs about on his bike around my house when i go home from work in case I take it out of the garage so he can stare at it!.

I cant think of anything else bar a yellow R34 GTR that gets this much attention.

Down side is cops notice!

I think the fast and the furious has a lot to do with this. :-)

I've had boys on their Knees (no personal jokes please) as if they are praying to Mecca, A 17 yr old girl just got in the car and gave me her phone number in Bournemouth once ( well that could just be the fact that it was Bournemouth), and even elderly people have stopped to have a look and said ' what a beautiful car, I bet you are very proud of it'

Abroad...it seems to break language barriers, people take pictures with mobiles and smile with 'thumbs up'.

Its liked by people from all walks of life.

Its almost like the Supra has such a unique and outgoing personality that most people want to make friends with it rather than hurt it.....its an automotive peacemaker in my experience!

Si

:) :thanku:

I get massive respect.

It seems to turn even the hardest looking angry people into friendly looking happy people albeit for the second or so it takes you to drive past.

I've had both old men and women actually pay it compliments instead of the usual scowl.

People regularly go out of the pub and wander round it and look in it, takes pics etc.

I was even once at a sandwich shop when a yound childs mum came up to me and asked if their daughter could have a look inside it as it was her fave car of all time!

People allow me into gaps that they wouldnt usually, stop in the road to let me out, smile, wave. Its great!!

All in all found it a very pleasant car to use.

You get that a lot at garage stations, lots of "nice car." I try to say neutral and say thanks without sounding arrogant.

Guys hanging out the passenger window to look as they go past, winding down the windows to hear it, people turning round to see what is making the noise, its all good.

One guy in a BMW 3 series diesel was messing around the other day. Was infront of me, smoke pouring out the back, meanwhile im just cruising behind at 100lph :D I eventually realised that he was trying to get away from me. So when he eventually pulled over, it would be rude not to expose him to a bit of full decat WOT :flame:

ive since found out that in northampton there are 4 + in a 2 mile radius ?

there are modena's, porsche gt's, murcueolago's, loads of m3's in northampton

whether it has something to do with silverstone i dont know as possibly people take there cars out on track days ? it is after all a motoring town with more garages, dealerships per sq mile than any other place......

Last week I had a good looking woman ( 35 ish) in a AMG SL55 follow me for about 4 miles.

when I Pulled into the forecourt at work, she pulled in behind me, got out & said she has never seen a car that turns so many heads & she wished that the Merc. sounded like mine.

just said thank you very much( couldn't do much else, the boss was also in the car) :) :)

says a lot for her £80k car

I even got a piece of paper through my door, with a girls reg number and her phone number, like I should know who it is ?!

Apparently she always saw the car parked outside quite often was on the A4 around the same time and had met me before but as usual in one ear out the other :p

Anyhow she turned out to be a stalker and Suprafly thought it was bloody funny! :woot:

Oh and I also get people dribbling on the car, cameras out, Cam corders and lots of respect .

People LOVE the wheels :thanks:

All these posts just confirm what I have always said, mkiv Supras are the best looking car on the road. Can't wait to own one!!

I work for my Dad and he's always trying to get me to sell my Celica, he says it's too old ('94). He's even offered to subsidise me so that I can buy a 'nice' car - like a couple year old BMW or Merc ( :stickpoke ). Unfortunately for me he just can't see past the age of the car.

He really can't understand why somebody would pay £10000 for an M reg car. I really do think he is of a minority though, plus I honestly don't think the mkiv looks as old is it!

Great thread, i agree with all of the above and my car isn't as far from standard (except for wheels, exhaust, front end) as i guess some of your cars are!

When i got mine a year ago i felt like i was a celebrity, the way everyone was staring, couldnt believe how everyone turned around to look even before you passed them, the best bit is looking in your rear view to see everyone still turned around :tongue:

Came out of a mates house last week to find 2 guys hanging around it, looking inside and getting on the ground to see the exhaust!

1 took a picture on his camera phone, i was well chuffed!

A 17 yr old girl just got in the car and gave me her phone number in Bournemouth once ( well that could just be the fact that it was Bournemouth),

thats why when i go out in bmth, i shout to lads, wait here outside the club...ill get the car :cool:

although can be annoying when blokes shout 'that 17yr old got a supra' :devil: :swear:

Girls just seem to jump into mine whenever it stops at lights or something, but then again, I dont think its the car :)

hehe only joking.. I concur, always getting people staring at the car and if I have the windows down, I hear kids saying to others "Look at that car, look at that car"

You just CANT help yourself from grining ear-to-ear.