The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance question

JimmyMcIOM

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a Supra Twin Turbo with a manual gearbox after June (my bike is getting sold after TT week). :thumbs:

I am 22 years old with 4 years NCB and have been quoted £941.00 fully comp for a J-spec car. I wish to use another car for commuting though, do I have to get 2 policies or can I cover both cars on the same one? Also can you only use your NCB on one policy?

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

Alternatively get a reduced mileage quote for the Supra. Some companies drop the price enormously if you limit yourself to, say, 2000 or 4000 miles a year.

(does anyone know how they actually keep track of this btw? I've got a 4000 mile a year policy and I was wondering how they know what mileage I'm actually doing? I wasn't required to tell them the mileage when I took the policy out as far as I can remember)

Nice to see another Manxy here,

I have the same situation, as I current have a 190e insured through Elephant and have got my new soop insured as a second car for £650 full comp and only for social purposes, I have 2year ncb. I'd check them out. I have always been impressed with their prices.

on on the Island you would be very unlikely to do over 3000 if it is only a weekend car unless you take it away alot!!

Mike :p

(does anyone know how they actually keep track of this btw? I've got a 4000 mile a year policy and I was wondering how they know what mileage I'm actually doing? I wasn't required to tell them the mileage when I took the policy out as far as I can remember)

they use the mot as a rough estimate. so if you done say 6000 miles since last MOT and the MOT is 6months old and your insurance is 8 months old...your in trouble :D

Damn that must be something about the McEvoy name and Sup's, just remember to get the TT version :tongue: (Sorry I had to use that one as it was the first reply i got for my first question here)

Well technically we have one MOT and that is when the car is initially brought onto the Island, then it is modding heaven!!!