The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Regrettably...

npotts

Well guys, my girlfriend picked up her new car yesterday - A Subaru Impreza Turbo Wagon, and regrettably, it makes a mockery of my NA!

I took it out last night and to say its better than my NA is an understatement. Its faster, has better handling, better brakes, quicker acceleration, more grip and gives off a better noise!

I am not only a little jealous, but abit gutted too!! I thought my Supra would have easily been able to match the scooby, but I seriously doubt it could, even with the added de-cat pipe and filter (small mods but hey, its an NA)!

Has anyone on here owned a Subaru Turbo? I would like to hear how they stand up against a TT (or not as the case will probably be). Is the TT another step up again in terms of performance??

Nick :violin:

Hmm, my brother has a Turbo Wagon and a auto TT Supe, I have a NA and Keith has a manual TT. From the two TT's I've driven I can say TT will annihilate the wagon - well the one my brother has which is lightly modded.

Personally I don't think you were trying hard enough with your NA, I have a few spirited moments with my brother and it was pretty much head to head, he would pull away quicker but I'd reel him in from about 50 onwards.

As for noise - are you serious ? the NA sounds great with a straight through exhaust and decat, the scoob sounds like a helicopter!!!!!! :D

The wagons been de-catted and had an exhaust added. Apart from that its standard....

Regarding a flat out drag style race - I havent tried this yet. Im only going on experiance of driving the Supra, getting out and then driving the Subaru.

Regarding trying hard in the NA - believe me, thats how I drive. Hence my poor licence condition!

I kind of expected you guys to say that a TT would whoop one. I am really looking forward to the day that someone takes me out in one! Im still searching for something that will give me the same buzz as my Ducati.

Nick

Has anyone on here owned a Subaru Turbo? I would like to hear how they stand up against a TT (or not as the case will probably be). Is the TT another step up again in terms of performance??

The TT is definatly a step up from the NA. Once you've de-catted a TT, (JDM), there's no comparison between a TT and an NA. As Faye said, a TT will easily out-run an Impreza on the open road.

My wife has an Impreza. Whilst it's still totally standard at the moment, it's huge fun to drive. Very chuckable, and very nippy. It would probably take me off the line and around tight twisty bits but it wouldn't take long for it to be a dot in the rear view mirror once the Supra's up to speed...

I had a 2 door Type R Impreza - which granted is regarded as one of the best ever made, and it was extremely rapid.

Point to point on normal roads with a normal driver it would, in my opinion would leave even the supra TT for dust. But that is what they are built for. Start getting to some serious speeds etc and the Supra TT will be clawing its way back hand over fist.

I think an NA Supra would struggle against any mildly modified Turbo Impreza TBH until high speed but they are totally different beasts.

The Supra are more of GT car, and I know which one I would rather be in on a long journey on a nice (or any other) day!!!

Cheers

J4CK50N

Keep going Faye-you are starting to work your magic on him :thumbs:

As much as I love my Impreza (amazing compared to the awful FTO I had) I would still rather have an NA Supra-if only Matt would let me!

Chantelle

Chantelle,

Isn't it about time you got your own login on here!? Whenever I see your name at the bottom of Matt's posts, I wander if he's still caught up in his 'weekend' activities! :eyebrows: :blink:

:D