The mkiv Supra Owners Club

crank pulley gone

Dave

Keron probably has them in stock or a Toyota dealer. I wouldn’t but anything other than a genuine part though.

already pm d keron

- - - Updated - - -

I've got one from Febest year ago. Still without any problem.

found the site £65 for a new one is it the proper one with the rubber in ,and did you have to pay import tax ??

Edited by Dave (see edit history)

once they have split am I right in thinking they cannot be repaired ?

anyone know if any members have the crank locking tool ???

If it's a manual, putting it 6th gear and leaving on the ground should do if not I found this video which looks like it should work but haven't tried it yet!

Have to say depends on how long you are keeping the car to what you want to fit. I would suggest OEM all the way for this and they are not badly priced.

I replaced mine as part of a maintenance regime last year and got it from mrT. I have the old one which was an original from my 98 VVTI TT sat in the garage if you want it but couldn't guarantee the life left in it.

I bought one of these a couple of years back from a Toyota Genuine Parts dealer for 60% of the price of Toyota Oxford. Probably worth checking out US supplier options if you aren't in a real hurry even though the exchange rate is a little lower than it was when I bought my one. From memory it was about £65 delivered back then, genuine Toyota.

I took this one: https://www.febest.cz/febest-katalog/gumove-dily/remenice/crankshaft-pulley-engine-1jzge-2jzge-2jzgte.html

Febest has official dealer in my country, so i did not pay any tax or whatsoever.

This is copy of original one, but the holes from balancing machine.

I did not find any negative review on febest one, so I pulled the triger.

So far so good...

Edited by Wishieftrottle (see edit history)

I wonder how well balanced the second one is as it has no balancing machining on it like the OE version

Pitiful as in probably never balanced, just as is off the CNC. For laughs I put a Febest or whatever they are called on the balancer and it was a mile out. I too found it rather suspicious it had no drillings for balance... I have a mandrel for balancing the dampers separately from the crank, and for flywheels, the damned thing was jumping off the machine :) Balancing one, assuming the bonding is as good as OE puts the cost up there with an original, which have always proven bob on. It was customer supplied so after balancing I fitted it and it was hardly a a pull on fit on an unworn crank nose, too. So all in all rather suspect.

I wonder how well balanced the second one is as it has no balancing machining on it like the OE version

I've had a non-OEM one and it was balanced/machined on the rear part instead of the front. Worked decent, timing marks were slightly off though. Also the metal isn't as hard as the OEM units, when tightening the locking tool bolts to the pulley they tend to strip rather quick.

Pitiful as in probably never balanced, just as is off the CNC. For laughs I put a Febest or whatever they are called on the balancer and it was a mile out. I too found it rather suspicious it had no drillings for balance... I have a mandrel for balancing the dampers separately from the crank, and for flywheels, the damned thing was jumping off the machine :) Balancing one, assuming the bonding is as good as OE puts the cost up there with an original, which have always proven bob on. It was customer supplied so after balancing I fitted it and it was hardly a a pull on fit on an unworn crank nose, too. So all in all rather suspect.

So do you reckon a good 2 nd hand one would be better Chris

Have to say depends on how long you are keeping the car to what you want to fit. I would suggest OEM all the way for this and they are not badly priced.

I replaced mine as part of a maintenance regime last year and got it from mrT. I have the old one which was an original from my 98 VVTI TT sat in the garage if you want it but couldn't guarantee the life left in it.

Pmd