The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import tax on part from Japan

Dave

Thats bad luck as they dont check every parcel next time ask seller to mark as gift and there will be no charges if your the unlucky one they check. This has worked for me for the last 15-20 years

/QUOTE]

I think they check every parcel now, either that or I have been very unlucky of late!

The past six parcels I've had from Japan/ UAE (amayama) have all been subject to import fees and parcel forces handling fee. This was over a six month period or so.

Prior to this it was always quite rare that it'd get checked and fees issued. Think I'd only had two lots of fees in a few years worth of parcels.

I get pumped by customs and handling fee's all the time on stuff from Japan! Even items marked less than value and gifts, I've even had stuff opened and re-sealed and i still get charged for it. I was getting maybe 2 or 3 packages a month so assumed they thought i was a business of some type and stopped my buying of stuff from over there for the time being

I refuse to pay the admin fee, and haven't for a long time. Use the template letter from this website, and replace with the name of the company you are dealing with, ie:TNT, DHL, etc... It's worked for me every time.

http://blog.adamowen.co.uk/dont-pay-fedexs-customs-advancement-fees/

mine was a parcel force handling fee and ive already paid it can I get it back ?