The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dog in the back seat

Two-Two

Calling all dog lovers!

I have an English Cocker Spaniel that travels with me on the back seat of the Supra. He has a clip that attaches his harness to the rear seat belt so he doesn't go flying through the windscreen in the event of a crash.

The problem I have is that he loves to see where he is going so sticks himself through the gap between the front seats and lies over the top of the gear selector, hardly ideal! I have tried using a shorter clip but he gets tangled up in this.

I have tried various hammock type rear seat covers that try and block the gap between the front seats but they don't work. The usual mesh type guards are no use because they assume you have a 5 door rather than 3 door car.

I have seen this on eBay /www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-93-96-FOR-CAR-DOG-CAT-FRONT-SEAT-PET-GUARD-BARRIER/122327437062 and was thinking of giving this a go.

Anyone solved the problem of keeping their four legged friend secure in the back?

PS Before anyone asks, no I don't want to get a Chihuahua instead!