The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is all this interest normal ?

Muffleman

Hi all,

I've not yet had my Supe a year, but there seems to be a lot of newbie posts and general interest in the Supe. Is this normal ?

I guess there must be a strong market out there otherwise prices wouldn't be holding as they are, but just wondered if this was a normal level of post-winter interest :)

Cheers

Matt

Hi all,

I've not yet had my Supe a year, but there seems to be a lot of newbie posts and general interest in the Supe. Is this normal ?

I guess there must be a strong market out there otherwise prices wouldn't be holding as they are, but just wondered if this was a normal level of post-winter interest :)

Cheers

Matt

I would disagree that the prices are holding strong. If you check out the traders section and the private sales you will see that the prices have come down considerably (check Paul W's site and see the Aero TT for around 10k :eek: )

I think you will also see many more N/A's being bought as they seem to be very popular with the trade suppliers at the moment. Those factors above all else are the reason behind the general rise in interest.

IMHO, this will create problems as whilst the cars become more affordable to buy, they do not become any less expensive to run and I think we will see very poorly kept examples over the next 12-18 months.

i hope not or they will think its the young owners!..

TBH, I think that will be the case as the recent new members seem to be of the "young" variety.

N.B Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying these new chaps will not look after their cars - that was a general comment aimed at the masses

:rolleyes:

TBH, I think that will be the case as the recent new members seem to be of the "young" variety.

N.B Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying these new chaps will not look after their cars - that was a general comment aimed at the masses

:rolleyes:

Actually I seem to be older than most of the people who's details I've checked! (I'm 27). Although prices are now just about affordable to me (I've been wanting a mkiv since they came out!) I shall be uber-looking after whatever I buy like it's my first born (I'd imagine)!! :)

There of course is another reason for you seeing a lot of newbie's. Some of us are just discovering that there is a website to share our interests with like minded individuals. The weather has been crap recently and we have been surfing for something to do :p. I have been personally bored to tears with listening to my other half talk about his on order 350z he apparently has 81 days to go. :cry:

I have had my car for the last 12 months and I only found this site because the sticker on the back window led me to the UK Supra Owners website and there site referred me on. I have watched the site for a while and took my time to decide to sign up just cautious.

I do agree that prices have dropped recently on the Supra and there are plenty to shit ones about. When I bought mine the TT was well above the 10k mark. And I have seen many very crap examples hence I am keeping my lovingly looked after example until it dies. Would like a TT to match thou :D :D :D

Maybe prices aren't quite so strong. I would imagine that there is a degree of you get what you pay for tho, I deliberately bought mine from the For Sale section here as it was a car from an active member and it had been well looked for etc, but I just wondered if this level of interest was the norm for a Supra.

I think there are a few more of them around at the moment even if they are poor examples. I have found that its the type of car that everyone regardless of age considers to be "a nice car" :thumbs: it is always commented upon.

I think that just serves to heighten the interest in what is an amazing car that puts a grin on my face everytime I drive it.

I'm a newbie and I'm only 23. My '93 UK TT cost me £9.5K and it was needing quite a few things done to it to fix it up but they were mostly minor.

I'm finally getting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm loving driving my car.

I'm hoping it'll breeze through it's 100K mile service and MOT in a few months.

I'm getting my front wing resprayed this week to fix damaged paint. I've also just bought some nice Toyota sideskirts for it to improve it's looks.

Been a member 1 week and I've already shelled out £400 on mods! :woot:

I think that the age and mileage of the cars is making them more affordable to people like msyelf. Insurance is very reasonable for me at £570 (Elephant).

Once I've got through all repairs on my list the car will be super sweet and the next owner will have a great car.

I too will probably choose to sell it through the club to someone who will appreciate it and look after it like I have been.

I think that the age and mileage of the cars is making them more affordable to people like msyelf.

This is bang on right IMO.

At the risk of sounding cheesy the mkiv supra has been my dream car since the first time I saw it (a chap I delivered to on my paper round had one way back in '93 when they first came out)

It has always been the car I wanted most and only now is it affordable to me. The model is now 12 years old that coupled with the huge influx from Japan has driven costs down. I can't comment on the quality of these motors but you can get N/A Supra's for as little as £4.5k now and TT's for £6k.

People my age (25yrs) who dreamt of Supes when they were in their teens can now afford their dream car.

I'm going to view my first one in about half an hour, let's hope it's a good en! :D I can't wait to test drive it!

TBH...Its like...when i owned my scoobie,I think the price drop is part down to the boatloads of imports ariving twice per week...Thay are getting less and less as rare by the day.....The more that are about....The more choice...The more the prices drop of the not so good ones...Which in turn-lower the price of the mint ones...As everyone expects "ALL" the prices to be around that figure,For a particular year/model..Perhaps....????????Kevo.