The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1A1 TT6 Valuation

Westy

Mark, if that was mine I would be looking for £35 to £40k, possibly more....

I think this is a little optimistic, it is a very well looked after car with some very nice OEM parts on it there is no doubt in that BUT its Brown. Although a rare colour its not the nicest colour and this may put some buyers off.

£30k - £35k

Mark, if that was mine I would be looking for £35 to £40k, possibly more....

/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response :thumbs:

I think this is a little optimistic, it is a very well looked after car with some very nice OEM parts on it there is no doubt in that BUT its Brown. Although a rare colour its not the nicest colour and this may put some buyers off.

£30k - £35k

Thanks for your response.

It's not actually brown. It's more bronze and it shimmers more gold tones when the sunlight hits it. Not many people dislike it from my experience. Most desired colour in the USA too ;)

No idea on valuation, but the BEST colour for a Supra - lovely car.

I genuinely agree. Thanks

Whilst I agree 30k+ here, good luck with the insurance valuation. Recently I’ve had an issue getting a decent agree value on mine, despite seeing many examples selling for well over 30k, it seems insurance companies are valuing much lower.

I'm only too aware mate. Going through this exact "debate" we shall say with Insurance ATM. :banghead:

If they can find me another 1994 TT6 1A1 V160 B03B for what they think it's worth I'd love to have the number of the seller

I'm only too aware mate. Going through this exact "debate" we shall say with Insurance ATM. :banghead:

If they can find me another 1994 TT6 1A1 V160 B03B for what they think it's worth I'd love to have the number of the seller

Its actually making me think about selling me, as bad as that sounds. At the minute, mine should fetch closer to £35k, however upon it being pinched, written off or similar, i could be facing a near 10 grand deficit.

Its not a new issue though, nearly 7 years ago when i wrote my Grey TT6 off, i had an insurance payout offer of £3k :rolleyes: , my concern with agreed value is that there would be no haggling in that case and id simply be out of pocket.

Good luck, hopefully you have more luck that I (i'm with Sky for reference)

UPDATE-

SKY INSURANCE - £25k MAXIMUM on this car apparently

WTF :banghead:

Take it, revert to market value or cancel my policy and look elsewhere!? I'm genuinely astonished

This is where I am not 100% sure an agreed value is the way to go, especially if the value is done 10/11 month away from the car being written off. the values have jumped a couple of times. Without agreed value do you just fight for what you think is right and until a mutual decision is made no pay out happens, with an agreed value do they just pay what you agreed ?

UPDATE-

SKY INSURANCE - £25k MAXIMUM on this car apparently

WTF :banghead:

Take it, revert to market value or cancel my policy and look elsewhere!? I'm genuinely astonished

Time to take your business elsewhere then it seems mate. There will be an insurer out there with their heads screwed on

Exactly the same as what I got, westy.

If they can find me some more 60k 1999 immaculate tt6 vvti’s I’ll buy them at that price.

Mental mate. I'll have yours for £25k mate. Send me your details across and I'll wire the funds. Haha!

Try Classicline Insurance.

Will do mate thank you

This is where I am not 100% sure an agreed value is the way to go, especially if the value is done 10/11 month away from the car being written off. the values have jumped a couple of times. Without agreed value do you just fight for what you think is right and until a mutual decision is made no pay out happens, with an agreed value do they just pay what you agreed ?

Yes you get what you agreed.

Issue arises when arguing market value too though! They initially offered me £23k and I laughed it off. £25k was stated to be realistic apparently and again I argued. They sent it to an independent assessor and even read my build thread....apparently £25k is their absolute best despite the fact I know of people on this forum with cars agreed at £30k :rolleyes:

Time to take your business elsewhere then it seems mate. There will be an insurer out there with their heads screwed on

I'll call around mate. But what a waste of my time this all is!

They are supposed to be the club insurer and the ones that are on the ball. I'm genuinely lost as to their reasonings.