The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garages and altenators

diggerrigby

Hello all,

I've recently moved to RAF Wittering(pe86hb) in Cambridgeshire and was wondering which garages are good in the area to take my Supra to?

I think my altenator has gone. I've had the battery tested and I've done some fairly long drives that should have charged the battery but the car still fails to start first time the next day after the drive.

Any help in garage recommendations and where's best to buy a altenator would be extremely helpful!

Cheers,

Mike

If your alternator was toast you would more than likely conk out mid long drive :) plus you'd have a warning indicator? Have you checked what voltage is on your battery whilst the engine is running?

Sounds to me like there's a constant drain on your battery even when the car is off.