The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New MOT 'workarounds'

Fulcrum2000

I checked with the new rulings and according to their wording I should be fine on decat due to age (pre 96) and no emissions levels listed for mine as its an import, so according to the wording to my eyes they can only do a standing idle non cat test, I will of course keep people informed but this is how it reads direct from gov.uk. I spoke to my mechanic who agreed with this but said even though they cant change my emissions requirement they could go at me for sound. So, two quesitons for all on here.

1) Just in case has anyone fitted a dummy cat and does anyone know where I can get one for a 3 inch system. I have my old exhaust system and can put an old cat on with a converter but just wondered as a permanent measure f a dummy exists? I can find them overseas but not in the UK. Is the standard exhaust 2.5? I can convert to 3 and refit one cat temporarily if so.

2) Has anyone used a muffler, ie a restrictor that goes in the back of my exhaust to restrict it from 4 inch to a muffled 2 inch and drastically reduces db. I have a stainless one coming but wondered if they are effective to get through a test?

I've used a bung , on my hks hi power , that does the job, you can get them off ebay , as for cats ?? smash the inside out nice and clean :) and mine passes emissions levels anyway, no matter what revs, had no problems in near 10 years , i have no cats .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=exhaust+bungs&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l2632.R3.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xexhaust+bung.TRS0&_nkw=exhaust+bung&_sacat=107059

Edited by shaky (see edit history)