The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhausts with high clearance and FMIC options?

Icsea

The roads down in Cornwall are terrible pot holes and speed bumps everywhere, I'm looking into a BPU and would like some advice on exhausts with as much clearance as possible and a FMIC that will allow me to keep my panel filter while requiring as little extra work as possible.

Thanks Dan

If I was to do it again I would go Chris Wilson’s uprated SMIC, no real need for a FMIC unless your thinking about going big power in the future. As stated it’s the pipe work that is the issue with keeping the stock air box, I had my pipe work made up so I could keep the stock air box with my Blitz 4” 3 Row FMIC.

With exhausts, I’ve had the Blitz Nur Spec R, Whifbitz 4” TI and currently now running the HKS Hi-Power Racing. The HKS is the best for clearance, the Blitz being the worst.

Agree with Rob, i wouldn't go the FMIC route again either as i was only going to BPU, i didn't

know any better then :)

If my car developed turbo issues i'd possibly have fitted a small single which CW's smic will deal with as well.

I had HKS Super Drager and it used to catch the odd speed hump but the car was lowered on Eibachs, i welded a skid plate to the exhaust so no issues with it having a hole worn in it

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Just had a quick look on the site and didn't see anything for supras is it the mr2 grille?

No mate they make one for the supra but only really fits pre-facelift. They're on eBay i think just look for an authorised seller i guess.

I have a 3" Tanabe Touring Medallion exhaust which has excellent ground clearence by following the stock route. It's a quiet exhaust most of the time, unless giving it some.

If you want to keep the active spolier blade (if you have one) retractable you'd need a SMIC rather than a FMIC.

Here's a link for the Zun grills. There are side grills for the outer intakes also. They will fit both pre and facelift bumpers and either type of indicators. The facelift splitter bar (if you had one) would have to come off though.

https://www.zunsport.com/en/toyota-grilles/toyota-supra-mark-iv-front-grille-set

Have the Zun grills on mine, here's a pic of the black ones.

attachment.php?attachmentid=229466&d=1539123408