The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on sz-r supra 6speed

jayk

Well, I have found a n/a 6speed supra in the UK. Can I ask how how much you think it's worth.

Details are veilside kit, random 18,"alloys trd spoiler, hks coil overs.

Engine standard.

It needs a full respray. Currently owner has a price but feel it's abit high considering the work needing done, some surface at the bottom of doors and bootlid and a scab on arches.

Any feed back is welcomed. Thanks

Edited by jayk (see edit history)

Unfortunately a tt6 is out of the question. The na 6speed from japan are now making big money. Anything from 15k 20k. This however is and I'm prepared to have it as a project. And restore. But 10k is high tbh 8k yes.

If a fresh import is £15k, how is £10k high, even if it needs some cosmetic work? Given he could probably break it for over £8k, I doubt you will get him to drop it much below £10k.

The Japanese are getting clever not that they aren't but 6spd n/a cars are now going for roughly $30k to $40k from the two I have last seen. One is still available. There are a few RZ models going for higher and one cleaner model RZ auto for less than all the above but close to $30k.

Seriously speaking, I would test the 6spd trans to the max and check for all the usual wear it may show, then try and get him to settle on 9k.

Them V160 trans are half the price of the car already.Not all JDM cars have no rust as they do experience snow in Japan. Some are bad and some are clean whilst others are rotten mate.

If you want it as you have plans later on in life with it, then don't shy away. But if you feel its too much then just wait a bit for something else. But from what I have seen on here and facebook, clean TT models auto or 6spd are increasing in prices.

Unfortunately 9-10k is about right the last rough one with 150k miles (I think) was 8.5k that was cannibalised for its box and diff an sold which were swapped out for an open diff and a w58 (by a unliked trader on here!) blown over and he still wants 8.5k for it!

Agreed, the gearbox will obviously be the main selling point but these come with the A02B diff and you may even be lucky enough to see a set of UK spec brakes on there as well.

The box is perfect. No knocks, bangs. Lsd is nice and tight slides and locks both ways. I'll see if there's any room for negotiation on price.

- - - Updated - - -

The box is perfect. No knocks, bangs. Lsd is nice and tight slides and locks both ways. I'll see if there's any room for negotiation on price.

- - - Updated - - -

Just seen your in Ireland, is that the white one advertised in Dublin?

Yeah it'll go on UK /ni plates. I've offered to split it. And reduce the price because of this if it doesn't go to me. But wants near full asking price. Which is high for n/a. And taking into it needs painted. Bumpers, skirts. Coil overs..

With the condition of paint work it needs a full rub down as scabs on arches. Front and back. £1500, body kit to oem is near £500 smaller breaks to replace. £3/500 coil overs £600. At the end of that, you wouldn't see change of 15k for na. And that's a fact.