The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulled for number plate

Grazer

Well, for not having one to be precise :innocent:

It was one of those unfortunate moments that you dread when you have no front plate - pull up to a red light only to see traffic cops pulling up at the red light directly facing you :eek:

They did a U and pulled me over. They bought the "it's just out the garage and I'm getting round to get it on" line - but fined me anyway.

They were nice guys and it was a fair cop.

Not sure what to do now though :rolleyes:

Anyone been pulled twice - I suppose I could be looking at a charge and points if I persist?

Guess I'll need to dust down the old reg plate!

Sorry mate but I'm new to the forum, have you got a 'de-plated' bumper or something?

TBH I don't know if they keep a record of something like this, I could ask my cousin - she's part of the filth.

Chances are they don't and if caught again you'll probably just get another fine. My mom got pulled for the format of her private plate, ie the numbers and letters weren't where they should be. The copper told her if she didn't change it he'd book her 'when I come and check the plate at your address at the end of the week'

If it were kept on record he wouldn't need to follow up the plate personally as the next copper to see her would know she hadn't changed it.

Can't be sure on this though, just the way I interpreted it!

Sorry mate but I'm new to the forum, have you got a 'de-plated' bumper or something?

http://www.urbanracing.co.uk/events/su020105/001.jpg

Cheers for the info - it would be handy to know if they definitely didn't keep a record.

Isn't the small plate just as incriminating as no plate at all? It's the same for bikes I know that much. Something about size regulations etc???

Again, I don't know for sure but if it is just as bad then having no plate at all looks better than a small one! :)

We could do with a copper on this board, someone 'on the inside' so to speak.

there is no way on gods green earth that little plate on your car MFS is legal. if it is ill eat my boxer shorts :D

imports are allowed smaller to a certain amount if a normal plate cannot be fitted. but your right Dan as a rule go by bike sizes, guy i bought my car off said they had picky policeman in area who had stopped him couple times and the plate on back is almost full size bike size!

Untill someone goes to court over their smaller plate it's not legal. As the last time (last monday) my plate was mentioned the officer did comment on this. I've been fined twice for my plate and last week was told I had to replace it. So this morning i put the original back on.

Yes it does look shit so now i have to find some other wasy of getting a legal plat that doesn't cause problems with the flow to my fmic.

Guest beastofackworth
errrr they look mince :twak:

yes i know they do and they disrupt airflow in to you intercooler and they spoil the aerodynamic of the car and ..........

hard chedders.your car is required by law to have a front numbre plate so either get over it and fil one or keep paying fines.

idea-carry the plate with a you and say its fallen off!

rich

Untill someone goes to court over their smaller plate it's not legal.

ive been to court, even went to trial then they dropped the charge at the last minute. the fiscal said he wasnt convinced i had commited an offence, and wanted pics of the plate to look into it.

I just got pulled over for my front plate, see pic

attachment.php?attachmentid=13040&stc=1&thumb=1

Plod said as far as he was concerned its ilegal, Im not sure where the law stands exactly but I tried the usual "well DVLA seem to think its ok on a import if there isnt a correct mounting space"........and it started him to question it, anyway after thinking about it for a while, he let me go with no fine but said that I could get pulled for it in the future and get fined, but didnt on this occasion.... :D

Guest beastofackworth
What about a legal sized plate for the inside of the car so you can put it on the dashboard when driving? I would have thought that was legal, may not look the greatest but better than nothing :)

er law states that plate must be on front of car!!that applies to trade plates too!!!

i would just get a stick on one for the front bumper bit that meets the bonnet!!!

rich