The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Experiance with hidden performance

mellonman

After mike2JZ kind offer of lending me so coil packs to test my car and try and resolve the misfire I thought it was best to go visit him at Hidden performance where we went through my coil packs and with the spares that mike had at his work shop make a good set , replacing all the leaking coils the car still had a misfire , being it was the simplest of things to do it had to be done first, but mike didn't want to leave it there he wanted to get it sorted, I did have my suppressions of a bad injector so it was on the cards to swap the suspected injector out with a spare I had , mike said lets do a compression test just to prove the mechanicals of the car which was the obvious choice to make to know we was working from a good starting point . compression come back with good results all with 185 excepts 5 with 175 which i knew was down from my last compression years ago. mike and I decided to remove the throttle body and intake just to get at the suspect injector. once we replaced the injector the car run sweet as can be , and after a race challenge from mike the supra got a good work out with no faults miss or anything bad to report back .

So thank you mike for your time on a sunday dragging you away from other things to help me out , there are more people like you needed in this club with your knowledge and helpfulness

I thought it best to write this thread to show the two sides of every coin

hidden didn't have to sort me out on a sunday so top respect for him and his team.

I'm glad you managed to get your car sorted and issues resolved.

I can't help but feel this thread is a little bit of a dig at mine but everyone is entitled to an opinion so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

I think there is a huge difference between a complete build and an afternoon diagnostic session. But well done to Mike for helping you out, especially on a Sunday.

If anything this just makes what happened to me feel a lot more personal rather than just business.

I really hope I can update my thread soon stating how my car is now fully resolved and running exactly how it should have been from the beginning. Only time will tell!

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

Thought id drop in 2cents as to my experience with Hidden performance.

Ive been using Mike who works there for a number of years ever since I came into supra ownership.

Hes always gone above and beyond to explain everything, requirements etc. Always been happy to answer my panicked phonecalls when Ive broken something.

Cars been running an engine swap by mike for the last year and a half with a custom wired JZX100 chaser ecu, as a testament to his dedication to my project he managed to do the entire engine swap in 4 days flat which would be hard to better anyway. So that's from a NA 2j to a 1jz vvti and everything associated in 4 days flat!

I'm glad you managed to get your car sorted and issues resolved.

I can't help but feel this thread is a little bit of a dig at mine but everyone is entitled to an opinion so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

I think there is a huge difference between a complete build and an afternoon diagnostic session. But well done to Mike for helping you out, especially on a Sunday.

If anything this just makes what happened to me feel a lot more personal rather than just business.

I really hope I can update my thread soon stating how my car is now fully resolved and running exactly how it should have been from the beginning. Only time will tell!

Not a dig at you at all pal.

Your thread does show a bad side. so to be fair to hidden I expressed my dealings with them that is all.

Not a dig at you at all pal.

Your thread does show a bad side. so to be fair to hidden I expressed my dealings with them that is all.

I fully understand and i am very glad nobody else has had to go through what i have been through in the last nine months.

Reading the above comments it seems that Mike has worked on all the Supras mentioned, my car has been primarily worked on by another mechanic at Hidden, i'm assuming as it's a Skyline.

I've said before, it's a companies ability to deal with things when they go wrong that show how good they are. Not when everything goes to plan. This for me is where Hidden fell down.

I really hope that i end up getting to see some of the great Hidden Performance service that you have all clearly been given.