The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement Advice on Original Supra Keyfob/Immobiliser

Sheefa

Hi all

I have the original Keyfob/Immobiliser Toyota keys on my car, only one however works. Therefore I'm a little anxious about this final fob lasting!

Can they still be ordered and coded, or is there a good alternative that you can map the keyfob to yourself ?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

If you look at the c/l controller under the passenger seat and whether it has a small programme button, if it does there are online procedures on what you need to do. I'd suspect it wont as the earlier Denso units didn't and your car is an earlier model. If there is no programme button then I haven't found any means to pair a second/new remote and assume they could have been Denso paired rather than Toyota paired. There are a couple of procedures online that take you through a process of lock unlock ignition on ignition off whilst pressing buttons on the remote but I have never had any joy with those. I tried talking to Toyota about it but they were totally useless.

Your best bet may be to see if your faulty remote can be checked over to see what the fault is. I had a second fob programmed for my Range Rover by these guys who are close to you, all others said it was main dealer only. So well worth a call to see if they can clone a second working fob off your working one. If they can they will have lots of people calling them so do post up the outcome if you do approach them.

PS - hope they aren't your house keys on display as they will be more easily cloned than a Supra remote.

Edited by rider (see edit history)