The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex Edition

TuneR

I have a 2000 Toyota Aristo V300 FS. The reason for selling is that i am getting married next year and need money for other things. I have had it since early 2016 and used it at the start of the summer for 3 months twice. It was off the road prior to that as i tipped away at tiding it up. It is a lovely car to drive, very comfortable even on the 18's. You just want to waft around in it but it has plenty of power for anything else. I have managed 27/28mpg with it which is great for a 3l TT but that was using the cruise control a lot. The only issues I've had with it were seized front brakes, pinhole leak in radiator and front compliance bushes worn. All were sorted by myself.

It has gotten a full service before it went back on the road this year running Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 fully synthetic engine oil, new oil filter, new coolant, new pollen and air filters. Spark plugs were also checked, new coil pack connectors (common 2jzgte issue for them to fall apart), inner valve cover pipes (again common 2jzgte issue), new PCV grommet and new valve cover seals. The cars exterior has been polished with the engine bay and interior cleaned and just awaiting a new owner.

Also this was previously a UK car, brought in from Japan new going by info i have. I'm not sure can Lexus UK supply any history on it as i don't have the service book.

Car: Toyota Aristo

Model: V300 (2JZGTE engine)

Mileage: 152k miles (was converted back to km but i still have the converter)

Owners: 7 previous in Ireland i believe, 5 previous in UK (as per Motorcheck.ie) (must double check)

Tax: RF150 declared until September i.e. declared off the road

NCT: October 2019

Power: Standard-ish

Bad points:Average wear/tear for it age

Price: €5,500 (negotiable and no test pilots without a deposit first, will do a good deal if going to the UK if i get the VRT refund)

Standard car with 2JZGTE and tiptronic gearbox (button shift on wheel). Clifford alarm/immobiliser. Powerflow exhaust with 2nd decat. SSW Stanford 18" alloys with new tyres (Supra-ish staggered fitment and width, tyres 225/255 front/rear)

OEM options and extras:

TC, ABS/VSC, fully automatic EW, SR, electric heated and folding mirrors, front and side airbags, full leather interior with electric and heated front seats, cruise control, sat nav (disk isn't working), 6 disk CD player, JBL sound system, automatic on/off HID headlights, rear privacy windows, automatic climate control.

Work done:

-Standard OEM brakes painted black with rebuilt fronts (new seals and new pistons, rears didn't need rebuilding due to their design)

-New front brake disks, pads and pad springs

-New brake fluid, standard dot 4

-Cleaned throttle body and vvti oil control valve

-New Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 oil

-New Blueprint oil filter

-New Blueprint air filter

-New Blueprint pollen filter

-New Koyorad radiator

-New coolant

-Refurbished valve covers

-Just polished and waxed

Pics up, dog not included.

attachment.php?attachmentid=229350&d=1538398034

What's VRT?

I am UK and don't think I have heard of that.

It's an illegal tax levied against the Irish population by the Irish government despite them being ordered by the EU to abolish it.

It basically adds a third to the cost of any new or imported car. They then charge VAT on the VRT.

It pays to continue forcing us to cough up as the fines imposed by the EU pale in comparison to the revenue collected.

Add another €1,800 annual motor tax on a car like the Supra or about €2,500 on anything performance orientated registered after 2008, plus 80% duty and 23% VAT on all road fuel and you start to get a picture of how the Irish motorist is viewed as a major source of revenue to keep wasters in benefits.

Don't think for a second that anything collected in motoring based taxation is used to improve motoring in Ireland.

It's an illegal tax levied against the Irish population by the Irish government despite them being ordered by the EU to abolish it.

It basically adds a third to the cost of any new or imported car. They then charge VAT on the VRT.

It pays to continue forcing us to cough up as the fines imposed by the EU pale in comparison to the revenue collected.

Add another €1,800 annual motor tax on a car like the Supra or about €2,500 on anything performance orientated registered after 2008, plus 80% duty and 23% VAT on all road fuel and you start to get a picture of how the Irish motorist is viewed as a major source of revenue to keep wasters in benefits.

Don't think for a second that anything collected in motoring based taxation is used to improve motoring in Ireland.

And people bitch about mainland UK

Also good luck with your sale dude

Wow!

So if you export a car back to mainland UK, for example, you get the VRT back?

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.