The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec VIN needed - Fitting UK spec glass headlights to my Jap spec facelift

PJJ

Hi All

Some kind sole has broken one of my Jap spec facelift headlights. I'm thinking of replacing both but with UK spec glass ones to save having one new and the other side old.

Can anyone advise if the wiring and bulbs will fit the glass ones, or do I need to change the bulbs and / or wiring?

Regards

Paul.

Edited by PJJ (see edit history)

Bulbs are different, but the good news is with UK Glass ones you can fit both 9005 and 9006. See here for more detail mate:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?142251-Which-headlight-bulbs-for-JSpec-and-UK-Spec

Cheers Sheefa much appreciated.

Does anyone have a UK spec facelift VIN and/or reg number i can use for ordering parts please?

Toyota say they can only quote from using the right VIN.

Sorry misread that I thought you WANT to use the sidelights built in to main glass lights hence the need to modify loom.

/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry Sheefa probably how i worded it mate. I want to keep my sidelight where it is really. But wondered what most do with the sidelight in the glass ones.

Nothing, but you will need the bulb holders to stop moisture getting into the lights.

/QUOTE]

Thanks Gaz. Didn't realize sidelight was a bulb holder. Are these readily available do you know? Guess i could gosh tape it temporarily until i got them.

I assume though that i dont need holders for other bulbs that my high beam and fog bulbs slot straight in and just need a uk dipped beam bulb (9006 i assume)?

Thanks Gaz. Didn't realize sidelight was a bulb holder. Are these readily available do you know? Guess i could gosh tape it temporarily until i got them.

I assume though that i dont need holders for other bulbs that my high beam and fog bulbs slot straight in and just need a uk dipped beam bulb (9006 i assume)?

I'm not entirely sure tbh, I know the main bulbs are different between UK spec and facelift, my car is pre facelift, yet my bulb holders have worked with uk, pre, and facelift lights

The sidelight bulb holders are probably not readily available, and won't have a pattern equivalent. You may be able to order them through megazip or amayama, or find someone breaking a pre facelift car, who will sell them to you

I'm not entirely sure tbh, I know the main bulbs are different between UK spec and facelift, my car is pre facelift, yet my bulb holders have worked with uk, pre, and facelift lights

The sidelight bulb holders are probably not readily available, and won't have a pattern equivalent. You may be able to order them through megazip or amayama, or find someone breaking a pre facelift car, who will sell them to you

/QUOTE]

Thanks mate I'll look into that then.