The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Improving Handling

Guest Ryan

Just wondering how you guys have improved the way the Supra can be quite erratic while cornering etc?

I'm thinking that my suspension bushes need replaced after 12 years. Also thinking of Eibach springs. Not sure what shocks to use though. I heard the standard ones are good enough.

Is there a tried and tested method of upgrades?

Any suggestions are welcome. I feel that there is a lot of room for imrpovement to control the back end more.

Thanks Nic.

Do you think that replacing the standard bushes with more standard bushes would have the same effect or do I have to shell out for TRD items?

This is going to cost a fortune isn't it?

Also coilovers are not really what I had in mind as I've heard many horror stories about them on UK roads.

Thanks Nic.

Do you think that replacing the standard bushes with more standard bushes would have the same effect or do I have to shell out for TRD items?

This is going to cost a fortune isn't it?

Also coilovers are not really what I had in mind as I've heard many horror stories about them on UK roads.

Hi Ryan

I don't really know what difference the TRD bushes make over standard, the parts listed on the thread are the ones that the tuners I use recommended. I really trust the guys I use to give me the best advice, so went with their recommendation and I am not dissapointed at all. It might be worth finding out the price of the standard bushes then weighing up the difference.

No it wasn't cheap but it has made a big difference. HK roads are worse than UK roads and I am very happy with the ride quality of the HKS shocks. I did have Teins on before which were a lot more rigid so they are a definite improvement. It really depends on what is most important I guess, comfort over handling, there will always be a compromise one way or another. The HKS shocks for me give adequate comfort and awesome handling/traction.