The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Wheel fitment

Marcc

Hey guys! I’m running 10J rota wheels on the rear at for moment with a offset of 35 on a 265 tire. I haven’t rolled the fenders at all but they catch the edge of the fender just!

Was wondering would going for a 9.5J et 38 with the same 265 tire would this fit further in to avoid missing the fender?! Or would I have to go for a 9.5J wheel with a 255 tire? I don’t really fancy going for a smaller tire but if I have to I might.

Any feedback would be appreciated! :-)

Thank You

Rough calc, half an inch is approx 12mm, so the 9.5" wheels will sit 6mm further in if they were just the same offset, as they are 38 as opposed to 35 then they will sit a further 3mm 'in' so a little over 9mm more clearance ( may even be too much depending on how you want it to look?)

The offset figure is the main thing to consider here, if you are using a 9.5j instead of a 10j rim this will make no difference if still using the same size tyre as what is catching is the tyre which is 265mm wide on the outside edge so reducing the size of rim will keep this at 265mm wide on the outer edge and will just give a more "mushrooming" effect as the inner edge of the tyre (where the tyre meets the rim) will be pulled in by half an inch in total but the outside edge remains at 265mm so id stick with the 10j if it looks better on the rim.

The offset being 38 instead of 35 will bring the wheel and tyre 3mm further in though so just need to work out if 3mm is enough, changing to a 255 tyre would help as you are reducing the outer width by 10mm (5mm each side) so that would bring the edge of the tyre 5mm further in too but as you say this means a 255 tyre which you'd rather keep at least a 265 if you can get the offset correct.

Here is a thread I started which hopefully explains it a little more