The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler fitted! Plus a few extra jobs...

Hamilton

Just thought I'd share a few photos of what I've been up to with the car. The only big change is fitting the TRD spoiler from Whifbitz, but I've slowly been tidying up a few other bits and pieces as well.

Here's the car before the spoiler- it never looked bad without one, but I personally prefer a Supra with it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Drilling holes in my beautiful car was terrifying! Thankfully all went well, mostly thanks to a LOT of measuring and checking beforehand!

image.jpeg

Getting there...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry for these photos- it was getting dark when I finished!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's some better ones in the daylight. I love this car... :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Few extra things- I replaced the bulbs in the upper dash with LEDs. I also used a layer of that stuff used to laminate paper to disperse the light a bit better, which works well.

image.jpeg

And I made a couple of these for underneath the boot carpet. The car only came with one, and it was a bit tatty.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Had to get a new plug to fill where the rear wiper has been deleted. The original one fell out while I was cleaning the car!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

New alarm fob...

image.jpeg

Next thing is to replace the alarm buttons on the dash, as one has come off.

image.jpeg

I'll likely respray the dash panels while I'm at it as the rubber coating on the dash is looking a bit tired and scratched. I'd still like an OEM look though, so will likely use the matt black from Halfords unless anyone has any other suggestions...

One more- my membership pack arrived, so I made use of it!

image.jpeg

The car is off to Whifbitz for a big service on Friday, mostly for my own peace of mind as I can't find any record that it's been serviced for the last couple of years.

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading. :D

Dave

Thanks all. I guessed the spoiler might split opinion a bit. I'm just glad I didn't make a mess of things fitting it!

Car is off to Whifbitz tomorrow. I may pick up a new front Aerotop seal while I'm there as the current one isn't great. Does anyone know how to remove the old seal? I've done a search but can't find much. Thanks again!

Thanks all. I guessed the spoiler might split opinion a bit. I'm just glad I didn't make a mess of things fitting it!

Car is off to Whifbitz tomorrow. I may pick up a new front Aerotop seal while I'm there as the current one isn't great. Does anyone know how to remove the old seal? I've done a search but can't find much. Thanks again!

Have you tried the members download area for removal procedures to see if someone has uploaded one?

Just found this, does this help?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?314767-The-Mega-Aerotop-Leak-Fix-Thread-FAQ

Edited by PJJ (see edit history)

Have you tried the members download area for removal procedures to see if someone has uploaded one?

Just found this, does this help?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?314767-The-Mega-Aerotop-Leak-Fix-Thread-FAQ

That does help, thank you. :thumbs: I'll check those rails as well while the seal is off- didn't even know they were there.

Thanks again!