The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big thanks to Slowdog

MrAngry

Just been to The Miami Gt tuning worskhop today and Paul K kindly put down the project he was on to do an oil change for me.

I now have the elixir of the gods running through my engine! Royal Purple oil :D

Its idling alot smoother now!! Nothing else for me from now on

Thanks Slow your'e a star :D

What's the recommended change frequency of Royal compared to Mobil1 or something? I usually do it every 3000 miles would purple be safer to leave in longer?
From http://www.royalpurple.com/techa/faqsa.html#mo4

How often should I change Royal Purple® in my passenger car?

Royal Purple® recommends following the manufacturer's maintenance intervals while the vehicle is under factory warranty. In clean engines that are no longer under warranty, oil change intervals up to 12,000 miles with continued filter changes every 3,000 to 4,000 miles (top-off oil as needed) are recommended. In dirty engines, Royal Purple® recommends standard 3,000 to 5,000 mile oil and filter change intervals until the engine oiling system is clean and free of deposits, which are left by lower quality oils and / or poor maintenance or mechanical problems. This will allow time to gradually remove existing deposits / contaminants without overloading the oiling system (pump, pick-up, filter, etc.). (Mechanical problems such as fuel dilution, coolant leaks into the crankcase, poor air filtration and / or failure to maintain proper oil level are all detrimental factors to the service life of any engine oil. Any one of these factors can significantly shorten the useful service life of any oil).

I'd be interested to hear what Oilman has to say about Royal P, it sounds almost too good to be true.

I'd be interested to hear what Oilman has to say about Royal P, it sounds almost too good to be true.

I think that he knows the RP people anyway - both are very close together down in Cornwall

Geoff of RP speaks highly of Oilman's knowledge - just what you sell I suppose :thumbs:

I think that he knows the RP people anyway - both are very close together down in Cornwall

Geoff of RP speaks highly of Oilman's knowledge - just what you sell I suppose

Are you saying that Royal Purple are based in Cornwall? Dunno why but I thought they were a US company.

In Cornwall? How strange! Seems like an odd place to have your UK base. Not that it affects anything really, a good product is a good product wherever the agent is based.

I'd still like to hear Oilman's analysis of the Royal P range though. He seems to know his stuff.

Markie

Been asked elsewhere on the forum m8 - not getting into that as I am sure that silkolene is a good product

I have used RP in my (and many other) 500HP skyline, quite a few supras to date and RP is heavily used in Motorsport

We chose this one to recommend and we let the product do the talking!