The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dream car ownership accomplished!

Rashed

Hello ladies and gents,

My names Rashed, Im not really new to the forum as I have been lurking around for a little while however I am finally a paid up member and a proud owner of my all time realistic dream car....a MK4 JZA80 Supra and a factory facelift VVTi TT6 car at that.

Long story short I've always wanted one since I was very young, not because of the 2jzgte life or the powerhouse it could be built to but just because it looked like nothing else on the road and that excited me in departments I never knew existed within the human body 😂

Previous cars:

17 - 2003 E12 Toyota Corolla 1.4 4zzfe vvt-i manual. N/A built to 122bhp from 95bhp with 1zzfe fuel injectors, intake manifold and throttle body, decat exhaust and custom cold air intake with cold air feed. Kept this car for 5 years to build my NCB and the fact that it was a cheap and cheerful car to run and maintain. This was also my most modified car with a lot of handling parts such as shocks and lowering springs, sway bars, bigger brakes, short shift kit, engine mounts etc.

22 - 2000 JZX100 TRD Toyota Chaser 1JZGTE vvt-i R154 manual. Fresh grade 4 import from Japan using Torque GT. This car was to fill the gap between me getting a Supra as I wasn't financially viable to get one at the time but what a car! Slapped on some BC coilovers, Lexus LS400 big brakes and a full decatted blitz nur spec r exhaust with a boost controller along with a Jpipe and BOV delete kit not to forget a Cusco rear top mount brace. This car really exceeded my expectations and was my first proper quickish car I owned for 3 years and I LOVED it! In my eyes it was the 4 door Supra that was affordable with plenty of potential and turned so many heads. Infact I loved it so much that I actually wanted to build a sleeper 450whp 4 door saloon with a hybrid turbo, HPI low mount manifold, stealth black FMIC, aftermarket cams, bigger injectors, fuel pump and an Apexi power fc standalone ecu. I slowly got all the parts together but unfortunately it was rear ended and written off by insurance December last year which is where my hunt began for my next car.

25 - 2000 Jspec JZA80 Toyota Supra VVTi TT6. My dream car. I finally had enough funds and NCB to buy and insure my dream car and also I could afford to run, maintain and mod it slightly as I am in a better position in my life now financially.

Daily at 25 - 1993 E10 Toyota Corolla 1.3 4EFE 4 door saloon.

Stock car, my A to B car and my work horse. Simple and efficient.

Anyway my near future plans are to go full BPU with the twin setup still in place, Ideally I want to see what can be achieved with the stock twin turbo /hybrid setup and build a drivable street car that I can enjoy on a daily basis without completely ruining reliability or durability of engine/transmission components.

Any ideas/recommendations/help/advice/thoughts/criticism will all be appreciated and taken into consideration so please feel free to go all out lol I dont bite or get butthurt 😂

Hoping to have many years of happy ownership and make new friends on here and anywhere else as I feel the car community is one big happy family that are helpful and outgoing with each other 👍

P.s my photo's are apparently too big to attach :(

Welcome and enjoy.

The OEM front lip looks so much better than the lower one that is presumably on the car today in the top picture.

Thanks for the warm welcome and reply, the car has the factory lip and in the pictures you can see it has the factory aero lip sticking out, which OEM lip do you speak of if you dont mind me asking? Many thanks!

I was just comparing the Torque GT picture with the others. The lower lip just looks to be ill fitting compared.

Oh yes you are absolutely correct, the OEM lip doesnt fit properly so I will need to get hold of a replacement that works with the active spoiler also, do toyota still do them or can I run something else?

Nice car buddy, she's definitely a keeper :) the facelift vvti ones are pretty rare :thumbs:

Yours looks very similar to my '94 one.

Thanks for the kind words, just had a look at yours and I must say I do like your kit. Also your front wheels are the little bit more deeper which I wish mine were too.

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely car bud. Welcome!

/QUOTE]

Thanks man!

So guys, I went onto eBay and ordered some 9006 HB4 nighteye LED headlamp bulbs for my 2000 facelift Supra. Now they arrived but dont fit, what I mean by they dont fit is the electric connections all fit fine and they work but the base of the bulb with the O ring seal doesnt seem to fit inside the headlamp as the hole is too small and the base on the LED bulb is too big in diameter compared to the OEM bulb that was in there. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks for the kind words, just had a look at yours and I must say I do like your kit. Also your front wheels are the little bit more deeper which I wish mine were too.

Thanks bud, my front lip is a bit marmite but looks good in the flesh, if it was me i would have kept the standard active spoiler lip tbh.

You can buy wider lips for your front wheels you know mate, with them being split rims and all.

With regards to your bulbs, i think you have the wrong ones, they should be 9005

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

Thanks bud, my front lip is a bit marmite but looks good in the flesh, if it was me i would have kept the standard active spoiler lip tbh.

You can buy wider lips for your front wheels you know mate, with them being split rims and all.

With regards to your bulbs, i think you have the wrong ones, they should be 9005

To be honest thats 100% correct, you cant really judge something until you see it in flesh imho so I have seen anyway.

Hmmmm wider lips may so the trick but I also want to avoid the risk of poke and the wheels sticking further out as I have had issues with the law about it before.

Thats strange, on the headlamp on my car its stamped HB4/9006J hence why I ordered that size, ah well didnt exactly break the bank lol

Congratulations mate on a lovely car.

You can trim the areas of the bulbs to fit, I have done previously, works fine. 9005 for Facelift from memory. I bought some LEDs and straight fit

/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words.

Is it just the base that needs trimming or the tabs too? I only went and ordered the HB4/9006 size as it was stamped on the actual headlamps lol

I'll probably sand these down a little and get them fitted and order a set of 9005s as a spare correct set as they're not silly money so thanks for confirming that!

I think you'll find it's 9005 you need if it's Jap spec. But you have to trim the tabs inside the connector on the bulb so it fits the harness connector.

9006 will fit the harness connector but as in your pic the bulb won't fit in your lights. I think 9006 is for UK spec glass headlights, bit of minefield as I also got the wrong ones when one failed on my previous NA for it's MOT.