The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mossey007

Just bought my first Supra today - seen it discussed and bad mouthed on the forum already but used to upsetting the purists (and jealous forum people) - I’ve always preferred the earlier angular supras but also the power of the mk4 but couldn’t live with the stock mk4 front end - this will eventually become my modern day interpretation of the 2001 F&F car, but other the colour scheme I’m not attempting a replica - so won’t be cutting the roof off, converting it to auto, making it LHD......I’m more interested in getting to a daily driveable 625bhp/400bhp per tonne, and a concourse finish

26B9BFD3-CC20-4329-9264-433C609F0B8F.jpeg

Edited by Tyson
Swearing (see edit history)

Just bought my first Supra today - seen it discussed and bad mouthed on the forum already but used to upsetting the purists (and jealous forum people) - I’ve always preferred the earlier angular supras but also the power of the mk4 but couldn’t live with the stock mk4 front end - this will eventually become my modern day interpretation of the 2001 F&F car, but other the colour scheme I’m not attempting a replica - so won’t be cutting the roof off, converting it to auto, making it LHD......I’m more interested in getting to a daily driveable 625bhp/400bhp per tonne, and a concourse finish

Hi and welcome to the club. Looking forward to seeing your project unfold, everybody has their own idea of what their car should look like and diversity it what makes this forum a great place to be. If you could watch the swearing please and hopefully you stick around.

To be fair it’s not been “bad mouthed” on the forum and it’s not upsetting “the purists” or “jealous forum members” as you put it :blink: The car was being discussed as it is just another example of a trader/seller incorrectly or half heartedly creating the hero car from F&F then charging a massive premium for the privilege.

Personally, I think the car was over priced for what it is and the seller was pushing their luck but if you are happy with the it and the price you paid then that is all that matters :)

As Mike said above, everybody has their own idea of what a Supra should look like and diversity is what makes this forum. If everyone owned a stock OEM Supra it would be pretty boring.

Also a wee bit of advice. Rather than coming on here with preconceived ideas already in your head and being defensive from the outset wait and see what happens. It will make the forum a nicer place to be and it’s members a lot more friendly :thumbs:

Get a project thread started with lots of pictures and information. I can’t wait to see what you are going to do and how she currently stands as classified adverts rarely do these cars justice.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling. (see edit history)

Hi and welcome to the club. Looking forward to seeing your project unfold, everybody has their own idea of what their car should look like and diversity it what makes this forum a great place to be. If you could watch the swearing please and hopefully you stick around.

Apologies for the swearing 🤬

To be fair it’s not been “bad mouthed” on the forum and it’s not upsetting “the purists” or “jealous forum members” as you put it :blink: The car was being discussed as it is just another example of a trader/seller incorrectly or half heartedly creating the hero car from F&F then charging a massive premium for the privilege.

Personally, I think the car was over priced for what it is and the seller was pushing their luck but if you are happy with the it and the price you paid then that is all that matters :)

As Mike said above, everybody has their own idea of what a Supra should look like and diversity is what makes this forum. If everyone owned a stock OEM Supra it would be pretty boring.

Also a wee bit of advice. Rather than coming on here with preconceived ideas already in your head and being defensive from the outset wait and see what happens. It will make the forum a nicer place to be and it’s members a lot more friendly :thumbs:

Get a project thread started with lots of pictures and information. I can’t wait to see what you are going to do and how she currently stands as classified adverts rarely do these cars justice.

Ok noted and understood- I agree the trader was trying it on and that’s why he didn’t get what it was advertised for, and it was incorrect to market it as a DNA example rather than a tribute car as this is what the original owner created in 2002, as you’re all probably aware this is the car that was featured in Japanese Performance and Redline magazines back in the day.

To me it’s a low mileage mk4 manual TT6 running a T88 with custom paint, a bomex body kit and 14 years service history - so not a bad place to start a build from