The mkiv Supra Owners Club

paint code

peter richards

Halfords 199 silver is called toyota lucrene silver. Pretty damn close match to mine. I recommend using Proxl 2k clear in a can for a better finish. They do 200ml cans online. Halfords clear coat will dull over time and look crap after time.

ok guys all going ok atm , one more question , ive put a few coats of paint on starting with a fine mist , its warm in my garage so after a few mins I got up to about 3 coats finishing with a slow thicker final . so its drying nicely , ill leave it about an hour , do I scotch cloth it before I start the laquer coats or just go straight in

Never touch metallic before clear coat. It disturbs the fleck. And always paint silver in a criss cross pattern. Silver is not a colour but a shade and is one of the worst to get right. Believe me :D once its gone tacky lay a light mist of clear on it. Then let it dry and go heavier.

You will never get a nice shine with 1k aerosol clear coat.

ok pretty much did that , just put another coat on so ill let it be now , see what its like when its totally dry , will it compound to get a better shine.

if its not very good ill get my mate to re do it he has a bodyshop , just got a show next week and the mirror was letting it down so thought id have a go myself

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)