The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where has rhe JAE thread gone ?

Ian Ian

Who is going to JAE 2018?

The forum/club seem to have backed out but am told the plot is paid for so we can use it.

I paid £35 for a club stand pass so is a large portion/all of it refundable? as I am told no facilities etc. will be available from the club. I also ordered my JAE entrance ticket months ago which isn’t refundable so might as well attend

I am left feeling a bit disheartened tbh.

As a guide the Celica club.co.uk charge £5 for a stand pass for the weekend and you can use the mains electric, gas bbq, gazebos etc.

The club hasn't backed out exactly, lack of people means lack of funds.

A marquee at JAE costs several hundred pounds as we have to use their supplier now for “insurance reasons” and the electricity costs £175 for one plug socket and about £400 for the power we usually require.

Then we have food, drink and transport costs for everything that we provide.

Our stand has always been the best supplied stand in which the club pays a lot for and we have never made any money on it.

In fact the past two years we have been down money which I have put in from my own pocket.

If the club doesn't do JAE this year then tickets will be refunded.

I am sorry you feel disheartened, I am absolutely gutted running around for a year trying to organise this, book and pay for things and get free prizes and money from Traders and come up with entertainment for everyone.

Especially after an amazing JAE last year where we cleaned up on trophies and won Best Club Stand.

For some reason this year has been tight on everyone and when only 6 tickets sell, one of which is me, it's a kick in the balls to be honest.

If and that is probably a big IF the club does JAE next year, it will likely only be for the plot and everyone who attends can bring their own food, drink, gazebo's and fend for themselves.

Which is probably what will happen with this one.

I do still plan to attend, I have some things to sort out.

I bought a 3mx6m Marquee for us and plan on getting one power socket but I doubt very much there will be any cooking, fridges and brew facilities.

Edited by Al Massey (see edit history)

Hi Al

Thank you for the reply I understand but to remove the thread with no explanation and not even notifying the 6 of us even by pm just to put us in the picture seemed weird.

Please keep me up to date with developments I am still coming but on the Friday till Sunday if I can help in any form please let me know.

I also appreciate the time you and others put in voluntarily to organising these events as it must be very time consuming.

Personally I do not see why pull the thread completely as there may be a few who can attend at the last minute?

Regards

Mark

I'm attending with IMOC, but the Supra won't be ready so I'm rocking up in the Lexus and hiding it behind some proper J tin. None of the other clubs I've been a part of have had good numbers this year, it's been a decline since Wicksteed park stopped happening. The Peterborough show ground just isn't the same and it wouldn't surprise me if that's half the reason the show has seen an apparent drop in interest.

I'm attending with IMOC, but the Supra won't be ready so I'm rocking up in the Lexus and hiding it behind some proper J tin. None of the other clubs I've been a part of have had good numbers this year, it's been a decline since Wicksteed park stopped happening. The Peterborough show ground just isn't the same and it wouldn't surprise me if that's half the reason the show has seen an apparent drop in interest.

It's not just the new venue.

The prices they charge, dropping the Thursday but charging £5 to enter on Thursday for half a day to set up is a joke.

The change of owners.

I honestly don't think this JAE would be a success for anyone really.

Shame as I really love JAE, well our club stand.

Couldn't the operation be slimmed down rather than cancel it

For example do you need a marquee or electric, i used to use a 4x3 gazebo that cost £100, a couple of

camping gas stoves, a gas bbq and fridge you can plug into the car

If there's only a small number going then that should do for cooking and making tea coffee etc

Couldn't the operation be slimmed down rather than cancel it

For example do you need a marquee or electric, i used to use a 4x3 gazebo that cost £100, a couple of

camping gas stoves, a gas bbq and fridge you can plug into the car

If there's only a small number going then that should do for cooking and making tea coffee etc

We won't be cancelling it, just most likely the club involvement and facilities.

The problem was that only 5 people bought a ticket, which severely affects what we can provide and do.

The thread had been up for months with regular updates.

We already have gas stoves and a BBQ, but we most likely can't get them to the venue.

We don't "need" a marquee or electricity, but if we didn't have them, it would be a nightmare.

This is why I bought a 3x6m marquee to use for this event.

And I'm not sure how many people would be happy to have a fridge plugged into their car for the whole weekend.

Edited by Al Massey (see edit history)

Being a private club with no published accounts its difficult for members to know what the funding situation is; beyond Als lack of people means lack of funds comment. This could impact on other events particularly thinking of the ones Ian organises as people tend to travel to those which entails several nights in hotels so its a few hundred £ in up front well in advance outlay. The prospect of events being cancelled or scaled back because of lack of participation could precipitate a lack of participation. So, hopefully Ian has his funding agreed/secured for this years Manchester and Birmingham classic car shows.

Being a private club with no published accounts its difficult for members to know what the funding situation is; beyond Als lack of people means lack of funds comment. This could impact on other events particularly thinking of the ones Ian organises as people tend to travel to those which entails several nights in hotels so its a few hundred £ in up front well in advance outlay. The prospect of events being cancelled or scaled back because of lack of participation could precipitate a lack of participation. So, hopefully Ian has his funding agreed/secured for this years Manchester and Birmingham classic car shows.

I have no idea why you even mention about the books or questioning the funding.

But here you go.

The funding is provided by the members paying for a club stand ticket.

That’s currently at £35.

So more people attending, equals more money.

6 people attending equals not enough money.

Regardless of what the club gives me to spend on the event, it’s primarily funded by the ticket prices.

All of the club events are provided by club members buying tickets.

Some events get a boost via club funds.

Just a heads up for everyone.

I will create a new JAE thread tomorrow as I can’t move the old one from the mods section.

JAE will happen.

We will have a marquee and power.

I will bring a fridge and hopefully we will get the cooking facility sorted.

We have some funds from Sky so a few beers/drinks will be available.

I will make sure something happens.

Tickets are still available in the shop and if we decide that we can’t provide the service like we have before, refunds will be given but the event will still take place regardless.

Cheers