The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mobil 15w50 fully synth.!

wkdtime

Guest Terry S

What are the advantages of the royal purple over the Silkolene the oilman sells Paul?? This is a genuine question, and I would like any technical advantages you can highlight as we are always looking for the very best oils.

On the grade a 10-50 would be better. We run the Silkolene Pros-S the OPIE sell on here and have been really pleased with it. On a BPU car a 10-40 would probably suffice. We dont sell this, but OPIE have a banner add on the site.

HTH

I'll post up the technical info on the RP hopefully tomorrow Terry (dont have then in format at present) when you can see the specs

Not really into 'better than' arguements over oil - just let the products do the talking

As a matter of interest loads of pages to scroll through here - with much more learned dicussion then I would attempt

Viscosity / Polymers / TBN / Sulphated Ash

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=7076&page=3&pp=20&highlight=royal+purple

Even the great Mycroft thinks RP is a truly marvellous product :eyebrows:

Are you saying the car physically feels better Paul ??????, personally i wouldnt notice if someone put peanut oil in mine unless it seized up , if the RP is really this good i'll have to try some in mine , at the moment i use the millers fully synth comp oil.

Dude ;)

Guest Terry S
Even the great Mycroft thinks RP is a truly marvellous product :eyebrows:

And in one sentence you just killed all future sales LOL

Serioulsy, I would be really interesed in Simon at Opie's opinions. I can get Royal Purple oils very cheaply through the back door, but have never felt the need, but if they are truly good I may get some in.