The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New parts

Wjswingler

Hi guys,

Tried to replace front shocks and springs today. Couldn't get the ball joint? free as some of the parts have completely seized and corroded. Easiest thing we think is to just grind off the arms and replace with new OEM parts.

We need Upper|Lower wishbones, trackrod ends and a few other bits. Where would people recommend to source these items? I've found some upper control arms (I guess that's just another term for upper wishbone) on ebay, but they're in the states and it's going to cost me 200 pounds inc shipping. I don't mind spending the money to upgrade for newer parts but I don't want to spend lots more than I have to.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

You shouldn't need to remove any ball joints to swap the shocks out bud.

Remove the long bolt that holds the upper wishbone in place, and it'll flip forward, allowing the shock to lift out. You have to remove the washer bottle to do the passenger side though, which is a bit of a ball ache!