The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driveshafted. Advice please.

TUNERAIDER

Hi all,

Bit of advice please.

I have a 1999 n/a facelift. Fitted drilled and slotted rotors just for a change which of course made the rest of the car jealous, bearing went and now the rear left driveshaft needs replacing. I was looking at these only need the left but not sure if they are the right ones. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232859486021

The advice bit is I know deep down buy cheap buy twice. Got a £600 upwards quote from Toyota parts for it. Couldn't tell you the full price started blacking out when he said plus vat.

These are 4 years older than mine no idea of mileage, mine has 83k.

So do the right thing and loosen the belt for a brand new driveshafting from Toyota. Or take my chances with parts older than my car. Bearing in mind that my car is 8 foot off the ground in my mechanics garage and the words asap were used about shifting it. 3 days to get the old. 4 weeks for the new.

Do i buy these fit it get out and get the new one when/ if it goes again. Or put him off the road for a month and get a shiny new hip replacement from Toyota.

If anyone knows where to get a new one at a better price it would be appreciated.

So what to do.

????

Why don't you just get them rebuild? Not sure if they are still there but in Wednesbury wolverhampton there was a company been there since th 80s they will rebuild any drive shaft last time while I waited 20 minutes. £50 it was a few years back mind. I'll give my old man a call tommorow to check company name.

Thanks for the information and your time. Will check both out tomorrow. And thanks woodst I didn't even think of a rebuild.
Oops not quite Wednesbury their in Willenhall close enough though.

Drive shaft uk

https://www.driveshaftuk.com/contact

Phone:

01902 602 103

07714 292 801

01902 602 100

Email:

[email protected]

Address:

Driveshaft UK,

Unit 4,

Victoria Buildings,

Newhall Street,

Willenhall,

West Midlands,

WV13 1LQ

Hi all,

I decided to get the ones from eBay. Great communication with the seller even counted the teeth to match up.lol.

Thanks to all who replied always get help from this great community. I will be contacting Tcb parts for the replacement of both driveshafts for the lightweight one piece upgrade. Hopefully next year as I'll get some use from this new one first.

Will send off all old shafts for a rebuild , price permitting to driveshaft UK. Will get purchase price plus a little for these and my fitted ones on resale after they're rebuilt. Works out 2 sets of front driveshafts w58_ 5 speed.

Thanks again to all see you out there. :thanks: