The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the cost of a v160

Hitbox Junkie

ebay or fb that box. Ask for around $3800 or so and you will still get your money. But if its in good condition like you say, price it at $4500 or more. GWS

on a side note, what be the weight of that box without the oil and clutch kit?

No idea on weight as its on the car only asking as i may go Lexus auto or bmw auto box next year if i dont sake the car.

Why those two auto boxes mate? What do you know that I don't? lol but hey it would be better to go Lexus as the parts are in most cases similar to each other between Toyota and Lexus. BMW will just be all different and more money spent to get it working right. Unless its beefier then I get your point.

Have you had a look at the auto box forum within this forum. There is alot to learn there and it would be much better using the stock A340E JZA80 trans with solenoids shimmed and different speedo gear for higher power. They are reliable if done properly as I have seen a couple in America run low 9's using the A340E trans with some internal work

Why those two auto boxes mate? What do you know that I don't? lol but hey it would be better to go Lexus as the parts are in most cases similar to each other between Toyota and Lexus. BMW will just be all different and more money spent to get it working right. Unless its beefier then I get your point.

Have you had a look at the auto box forum within this forum. There is alot to learn there and it would be much better using the stock A340E JZA80 trans with solenoids shimmed and different speedo gear for higher power. They are reliable if done properly as I have seen a couple in America run low 9's using the A340E trans with some internal work

Lexus or bmw as srd have been doing lexus development but unsure where that j

Is at the moment. Bmw as whifblitz already do the kit and selling it.

I already have 6soeed and enjoy it but im scared tk ket the other half or anyone apart from.other 6speed owners drive it. Plus auto is more.comfy quicker gear changes etc and has manual options with flappy paddles.

Want to be happy with it as a gt car that can still out run super cars. And give it a modern feel.

The auto box standard is a great box and i looked for a auto but got a 6speed as it was to good a opportunity at the time

Auto is the way forward. The 6 speed has a notchy, agricultural gear change and a heavy clutch pedal. Poorly treated ones have an awful gear change and are expensive to fix.

It is. I love the 6speed feeling etc but while mines in great condition i want something more modern. Love the supra look so id either sell up go gtr or i put a flappy paddle auto in which ks what id like to do. But depends on finances after i buy a house.

I've been pestering SRD about whether this will be available for the JZ engine and what engine management it will be controlled by. Just for comparison as to why I want this over the Whifbitz 7 speed, look at the speeds to gear and RPM at crusing on here (and this is with the aggressive 3.7 gearing on the 8 speed, rather than the 3.2 TT diff):

Faster through every gear, higher top speed and lower RPM on the motorway AND you don't need an IS-F diff swap.

A mate of mine has the bmw m3 box in his car and the guy who did it for him done a fantastic job. I felt the clutch pedal and its like butter if not oem to a small engine toyota powered vehicle. Was really impressed and would opt for that box in my car but for now will be staying auto till I am bored of it.

Sorry for the thread derail.