The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra speedo problems

Fulcrum2000

Hi all

So I installed my speedo dials, carefully noting what the natural point of rest was and then reattaching the needle at what I thought was perfect, worked the needle over the 0 peg and turned on. Whilst it sits at 0 when not moving, its clearly over reading, 30 seems to be just over 40, 60 seems to be 75 or so. HELP! what the hell can i do now, do I need to buy a new speedo. So annoyed I followed the instructions on these dials to the letter

In a ridiculous triumph of common sense over technical artistry I have solved this alone. I simply got the best speedo App I could find, checked it was reliable with my beemer, then strapped it on the windscreen with the speedo still exposed and needle loose, got to a long straight at 30 and then tighten the needle by pushing it on. Hey presto! Perfect again at 30, 40 60, everything. Stupidly dangerous in a driving sense I know but the only way I could think of doing it. I recommend anyone in a similar pickle to take a 'co pilot' for the steering which would have helped hugely to be honest but thats what I did and hopefully when I check this morning it will all still be working. Managed to stop my cigarette lighter working but that will just be a loose wire or blown fuse I imagine. Stainless dials are so cool! Spinal Tap up to 220mph all the way as well!