The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got to be the Yanks driving prices up on the Mk4 Wordlwide

rider

There are a few threads appeared and appearing on US sites about importing JDM Supras with a serious upside noted over domestic stock that drive thru girls have to lean much further forward than when visiting such places with a LHD car. There does seem to be a price premium on current 93 cars in Japan which can only be accounted for by our discerning US buyer interest. Seems decent stock TT6's on a 93 plate are asking at the US$40k+ mark now which is a strong 20%+ premium over equivalent slightly later cars. Jap based Supra prices are soon to overtake UK prices which can only mean one thing, either the Yanks will be tempted by UK cars not realising cars rust over here or there is going to be a big rise in Supra inflation here that is presently ambling along at only 30% a year.

I've read trade comments that recon Mk4 Supras will match NSX prices in the very near future which in the UK means somewhere around the £60k mark. That's going to add a lot to peoples agreed value insurance premiums over the coming years though it should be good news for those set to offload their cars in those years. Its important people keep an eye on prices which includes anticipating the external market factors to try to maintain adequate insurance in these rapidly rising value times.

Well American dealers, it's just like the old days of Jurgen etc importing here, there is money to be made. Early days though in establishing whether this is the new norm and American demand for rhd at these prices continues, but obviously raising up the bottom/miminum price......the days of £3k na's and £5 tt's are long gone!

Id be more worry about Supra theft starting up.

- - - Updated - - -

Well American dealers, it's just like the old days of Jurgen etc importing here, there is money to be made. Early days though in establishing whether this is the new norm and American demand for rhd at these prices continues, but obviously raising up the bottom/miminum price......the days of £3k na's and £5 tt's are long gone!

1500 for my na auto in 2013. Never again in history will that happen im sure. Bare aero shell would get more that that

Oh bloody hell don't say that mine is up for sale again for other reasons (use and investment elsewhere) but the thought of keeping for £60k+ is appealing !

/QUOTE]

You would never get that for yours, you would be lucky to get a bag of Haribo. Stock is where the money is at, no one wants modified. Haven’t you learnt that by now?

Reckon there will be much value in clean/stock NA's?

Or can I turbo the tits out of mine without remorse for resale value?

Wanted thread on 'Supraforums'

I am looking to purchase a Non turbo Supra for $25,000 and under. The car should preferably have a clean title with no accidents but salvage title will be fine aswell. I’m not picky about the car being a targa top or hardtop, or being an auto or 5 speed. I would prefer lower mileage (under 130k), but if it’s higher, it’s not a deal breaker. Please call me directly at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I am serious buyer with funds readily available. Please call for a quick and non sense free sale.

You just made me spend £400! on a new cliifford alarm system. I have a 93 TT6 and no alarm on it [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

I think it's about time I install one, bearing in mind how rare and expensive these cars are becoming.

We will all be rich!!! rich i tell ye!!!!

Some uk cars are already going to the states. For good money. Guess the guys that poo poo it where wrong.

I still stand by my 20k TT autos will be a thing by the end of the year.

By the way any yanks reading this, get ahead of the curve and buy my car for a mere 18k....see project thread.......it makes sence....or i will do you a favor and straight swap your worthless viper......

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

There are a few threads appeared and appearing on US sites about importing JDM Supras with a serious upside noted over domestic stock that drive thru girls have to lean much further forward than when visiting such places with a LHD car.

That thread is over 10 years old :taped: Sorry I stand corrected that has been a further update in 2013. Fancy posting some NEWish threads substantiating your comments?

That thread is over 10 years old :taped: Sorry I stand corrected that has been a further update in 2013. Fancy posting some NEWish threads substantiating your comments?

Here's one..... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?349412-Toyota-new-car-launch-and-we-are-invited!!

Maybe the Yanks have given up hope on the new Z4 BuMmer Toyota and have accepted that the only way to get a Supra is to buy a real one?

We will all be rich!!! rich i tell ye!!!!

Some uk cars are already going to the states. For good money. Guess the guys that poo poo it where wrong.

I still stand by my 20k TT autos will be a thing by the end of the year.

By the way any yanks reading this, get ahead of the curve and buy my car for a mere 18k....see project thread.......it makes sence....or i will do you a favor and straight swap your worthless viper......

Agreed, but the value is there already for the clean ones!

Recently a bone stock j-spec NA sold for €14,5K and seen some j-spec auto's sell around the €20-22K as well.

I would have thought it was pretty obvious whats going on, I cannot really imagine any other reason why a 93 car would suddenly be attracting a price premium over slightly newer ones maybe you can? For those who cannot use Google?