The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Dash Lights

Fulcrum2000

Hi All

I've started collecting interior upgrades for my Supra's dashboard in particular, going for the stainless contrast with standard black dashboard, I think thats the most classy thing you can do with it (not knocking anyone with more colourful tastes, its just my cup of tea). I've had to import some parts and also have one of the dials bespoke out of stainless steel as these are now becoming obsolete. ut to work with this I need to change all the dashboard lighting including the AC etc lighting to blue. Has anyone ever done this and what is the FULL list of bulbs needed? I see packs of T5s but I cant think the speedo etc has the same bulbs as the small blower settings swtiches.

Also, I assume the lights for blower etc illuminating the switches when the headlights are on are separate bulbs to the activation bulbs above the switches? I just want everything blue. I'm bloody blue mad. One of my lines of switches doesnt light up at night, even though the green lights above them work so I guess I have my answer on separate bulbs but how many and what and where from any help would be appreciated.

As a side question I see many people have light up temp gauges, mine doesnt do this and is soon to be stainless, is this an aftermarket upgrade?

I don't think there is any reprogramming is there, is that in the thread?

Supra ST Myster (Emin) was active in March despite being out of a Supra for some time now, could be worth an email (not PM), I'm sure he'd advise you on what to do if he can remember!

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)