The mkiv Supra Owners Club

look at my huge crack!!

Branners

got to the Supra this morning and there is a massive crack across the screen, starting from a stone chip in the corner!

The screen has the dark shaded bit at the top, do I need to specify that with the Autoglass people when they replace or do all mkiv screens have the sunshade bit at the top?

thanks

J

I sourced mine through an independent windscreen company last year (the day before Jae) I ordered it the day before so within 24hrs from ordering £400 fitted including a new oem seal, it has a tint at the top but cannot remember the colour all I know is it’s genuine toyota glass

Had Mine replaced a couple of months ago with Autoglass JB........It took them a few days to order in

with a new Toyota Trim seal. I had to specify the Blue tint at the top.

separate note, if you're there when they take the old one out, check the opening for surface rust spots under the old sealant

they put a primer on but were going to just do it over the rusty bits.

I made him clean it off first

Had Mine replaced a couple of months ago with Autoglass JB........It took them a few days to order in

with a new Toyota Trim seal. I had to specify the Blue tint at the top.

separate note, if you're there when they take the old one out, check the opening for surface rust spots under the old sealant

they put a primer on but were going to just do it over the rusty bits.

I made him clean it off first

Yep, mine was the same on my NA. Would have like to have got it tackled properly but no time.

click bait! :D

I had planned on putting pictures up too but didnt get them from the phone to the PC!!

thanks for the help chaps. After sclub on the weekend the car will be going off for some TLC so will get the windscreen sorted at the same time, hopefully with a green tint.

It means I have to lose my footlong mkivsupra.net URL sticker thats been on there for ever!!

I had planned on putting pictures up too but didnt get them from the phone to the PC!!

thanks for the help chaps. After sclub on the weekend the car will be going off for some TLC so will get the windscreen sorted at the same time, hopefully with a green tint.

It means I have to lose my footlong mkivsupra.net URL sticker thats been on there for ever!!

With the supras, opening and closing doors make the cracks get longer. Measure it. Open and close the door and measure again. So try to lessan that as much as you can. Having the window down when closing the door will help lessen the cracking

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...