The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been de-catted and Dyno'ed...:-) Opinions required too

supRo

I've just come back from Thor. I had 2 X De-Cat (3"), Walbro pump, FSE Fuel regulator and Chrome dial kit.

Previous mod on car: HKS cat-back exhaust, HKS mushroom induction, Blitz BOV, HKS Iridium plugs and boost gauge.

Car was already reaching 1.0 boost, not too sure why - doesn't have an electric/manual boost controller.

Dyno Result (Hub):

At 1.0 Boost:

352 BHP : 126mph : 5856 r.p.m

339.5 ft/lb : 106mph : 4904 r.p.m

Car feels bloody rapid especially when turbo 2 comes in :tongue: . Also there seems to be an echo from the BOV, sounds like it's from the exhaust??? :tongue:

Going to have a boost controller fitted soon and run it on 1.2 bar.

Toying with idea of a front intercooler and a polished/larger bore exhaust manifold, any opinions?

Excellent work on the de-cat front. I had mine done t'other month and haven't looked back (mainly because by the time I turn my head round whatever it was I was going to look at will have vanished into the distance anyway).

I've noticed:

1. It sounds much better.

2. It's got a bit more low-end power.

3. Exactly as you say, the second turbo now really, really kicks butt.

Haven't noticed any BOV echo, then again I have a standard back box.

Cheers guys,

I think the BOV echo is probably the waste gate chatter - cos it is chattering now! :p

Going down the M1 yesterday with a total of 4 people in the car and putting my foot down....Suddenly I see 155 mph on the Road Angel! I thought bloody hell, better slow down. Top end has increased drastically as before 140 took a little effort.

The Walbro pump and FSE regulator combo gave a proven 18 BHP hike on Paul's (Miami GT) car using Thor's Dyno, so I had to get that done .

Performance gain is amazing however it is a little too loud! I just have a silencer on the back box.

Also the exhaust is hanging down a little and I now touch the humps but when I pop down to Thor next, I'll get that sorted out

I'm also getting 2 different, occasional 'noises' at the back. One sounds like a stone hitting a panel (when driving normally) and the other sounds similar to central door locking mechanism opening when I turn the ignition off - Could that be the walbro cutting off?

the other sounds similar to central door locking mechanism opening when I turn the ignition off - Could that be the walbro cutting off?

Could that be, I wonder, the seatbelt pretensioners? Try going for a drive, then cutting the ignition without taking your belt off first...

-Ian