The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traction

dRuNk-mEdIc

So I've heard different stories about the Supra's traction. It sucks its bad, blah blah blah. So im wondering how can you improve it??????????

A lot of imports come in one rubbish tires that are waaaayyyy past their best, and the traction is terrible. Put on good quality rubber and the traction is good. Have respect for the second turbo kick as you can catch even experienced drivers. As with most high power RWD cars it does not like the wet. But if you have RLTC then wet play is a totally different ball game:D :rolleyes:

A lot of imports come in one rubbish tires that are waaaayyyy past their best, and the traction is terrible. Put on good quality rubber and the traction is good.

definately agree there mate, lets hope the toyo proxes going on my supra on monday will sort it out :)

Guest beastofackworth

thought the supra came with traction control as std!!!does it not?

admit that rltc system are the dogs if you get the top version with the driver adjustable slip control.

rich

The TTs come with traction control, but its generally deemed as pretty ***** - do a search.

All rltc systems come with adjustable slip control.

And the install is pretty easy. 15 wires to the ecu and 4 to the abs ecu (as I recall). I did mine. The only concern, is if it doesnt go smoothly.

Merckx, did you fit the RLTC yourself, was it particularly difficult. I've asked MattH to reserve me a unit next time he gets them in and plan on doin the install myself.

Cheers mate. :)

If you can use a soldering iron and make some good joints then you'll be okay.

I didn't use the supplied multiplugs, I soldered all of the wires and used heatshrink tubing.

You just have to make sure you connect to the right places

RLTC is great. I had a go on the local industrial estate, stopping the car then maximum possible acceleration. I just couldn't do this before, the wheels would have just spun like mad even on a nice dry day.

A few weeks ago I lost the back end of the car on a roundabout in the dry and I wasn't going that quick neither, glad I've got RLTC now. :D

thought the supra came with traction control as std!!!does it not?

admit that rltc system are the dogs if you get the top version with the driver adjustable slip control.

rich

The stock traction control unit would not let you get away with how he was sideways in that video, from a straight line anyway.

The stock traction control unit would not let you get away with how he was sideways in that video, from a straight line anyway.

yep, that slide was done with the traction control off, did a previous run with the traction control on and had to switch it on and off again to reset it as it was cutting power in the middle of a run!!! :Pling: