The mkiv Supra Owners Club

13 Years today I've owned the Supra...

MrRalphMan

No idea really, not kept up with the going rate.. :)

You probably should keep up with the going rate for agreed value insurance otherwise you could find your £30k car being paid off with a £6k cheque from your insurers in the event of a total loss.

white L reg UK auto 182k and use it regularly. had 90k 13 years ago when I paid £9.5k for it.

/QUOTE]

13 years for me to never thought I would have it this long think I’ll keep it for ever now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long term owners and low post count so I suspect you've had a fairly unproblematic ownership?

It would be interesting to hear what if anything you've had to do to them over the years as a sustained 90K of usage is a rare thing to have data on!

Long term owners and low post count so I suspect you've had a fairly unproblematic ownership?

It would be interesting to hear what if anything you've had to do to them over the years as a sustained 90K of usage is a rare thing to have data on!

I think there are a good many long term owners on the site and the cars, if maintained, tend to run themselves. In 20 years the only non service item I've had to replace was a holed a/c condenser and the only other items that had passed its sell by was the inter-cooler where the fins had turned to dust and a couple of coil and cable clips where the plastic had gone brittle.

The original clutch was replaced due to slight slipping at 104,000 miles, replaced with another Toyota clutch.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

Nice to see another L reg 93/4 uk Red tt6 I thought mine was the only one!

I have owned my red uk tt6 for 16 years (17 this year I think!) its on 90k currently sornd.

It has been fastidiously looked after maintenance has been mainly general servicing plus lower front panel replaced, Diff cooler, brakes refurbished but big plans ahead (I am collecting the required parts but don't worry its remaining completely stock!) in the next few years for it when I have finished my blk uk tt6 at this rate it will be better than the red one:D

Mine had 85000 miles on it needed clutch doing when I got it pretty much regular servicing after that.

Got up to about 130000 miles then picked up a rattle ended up doing full engine rebuild and single turbo conversion all new suspension front rear arms new brakes etc so owes me a few quid now but worth it. They said the clutch still had loads of life in it when they upgraded it was surprised with that

18 years of ownership now on a jdm tt6 and this might be my first, possibly second post. Failed it's mot this year for the first time, due to a small number plate. I must say that it only gets used for Nurburgring trips these days, but I love it. Just usual servicing nothing major, saying that, this year as a precaution, did all the pumps, new belts and overhauled the brakes and a major going over, just to keep it smiling.

Reading this reminded me my currant Aero will have been with me for 10 years next Feb......

Granted there isnt a single bit i have not painted, altered or modded. I think maybe some of the interior plastics might be OEM? Aprat from that everything has been rebuilt resprayed or replaced.

18 years of ownership now on a jdm tt6 and this might be my first, possibly second post. Failed it's mot this year for the first time, due to a small number plate. I must say that it only gets used for Nurburgring trips these days, but I love it. Just usual servicing nothing major, saying that, this year as a precaution, did all the pumps, new belts and overhauled the brakes and a major going over, just to keep it smiling.

After 18 years of solid service I imagine it's not so hard to treat it! I need to get myself over to the ring one day even if I just pootle round!