The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car review

redsupratt6spd

It's on the web somewhere, I'll have a look now, weird thing is that I have only ever bought 3 issues of top gear magazine when I was younger and the supra vs cerbera vs m3 was one of them!

I remember that article...The Supra was an Import as well I actually had an original copy...but think its been thrown out! (not by me)

:violin:

I remember that article...The Supra was an Import as well I actually had an original copy...but think its been thrown out! (not by me)

:violin:

Edit! ahh I was thinking of an article I saw with An M3 and Supra...not sure if it was Top Gear or some other mag...but it was a mainstream one like Evo/Complete Car or something like that...and it was a stock J-spec.

:read:

Here ya go,

It was put up by Branners

http://www.btinternet.com/~branners/resources/reviews/topgear/

Flip- that was quick! Excellent stuff. That'll give me a good read.

I'm lookimg for the Topgear TV episode as well but it's very hard to get my hands on. I did get a small clip of it, but it was more based on the NSX.

Here's the clip but the full one would be better............... Can't find it will look again :confused:

thanks J

Blimey! I was reading that article and seeing how fast the Cerbie was and then noticing that it was only a 4.2 and not the 4.5......

Has anyone driven a Cerbera 4.5? They must be stupidly quick. And around the 20K mark these days as well....

Edit! ahh I was thinking of an article I saw with An M3 and Supra...not sure if it was Top Gear or some other mag...but it was a mainstream one like Evo/Complete Car or something like that...and it was a stock J-spec.

:read:

Yeah...ive read that article too....but im not shure where....ill have a look around and see if ive got a copy stashed away on one of my disks...

Guest beastofackworth

no driven a 4.5 cerbera but driven a tuscan s!!!they are well quick but really twitch!!

a bit dissapointed with the figures that top gear got for the supra.look at the 1/4 mile time!!only .2 quicker than my fiat and supra has an extra 100bhp and is rwd rather than fw.all other 1/4's i have seen for the uk version have been around 13.5-13.8 at 104-107mph.

rich

Loving the reviews of the Supe, especially the summary at the end of the second article:

The Supra is inescapably special: special to drive, special to sit in, special to listen to even. And, of course, extraordinary to look at. But that's OK. It might look a bit outrageous for our reserved British tastes, but the Supra has the right to boast. It has the ability to match, and I'd take the spanked-up, bug-winged route every time. :respekt:

Would make a good sig if not so long!

There waas never an TV article done for the Supra specifically... it was briefly covered when they did a NSX piece.

There was also a 2nd hand car review where they covered a Supra, Prelude and a

?200sx? was it? Done by Driven or 5th gear I think.

And also on Men & Motors they had a 2nd hand car show where a buyer was considering between a Supra, 3000gt and a 300zx. He chose the Supra of course !

There waas never an TV article done for the Supra specifically... it was briefly covered when they did a NSX piece.

Top Gear did a full test on the car when it first came out, Tiff Needell drove it from a platform or something that came up from underground . A lot of smoke around and I remember him demonstrate the spoiler going up and down.

On the start of the one with the NSX they show a clip of the original Supra test. :)

Yep thats the one I'm on about.... they made it look like something from space !

It then showed the active spoiler coming down etc. But then they proceeded to do the full test on the NSX instead.

I downloaded the video from Supraforums a while back. If you do a search on there it should pop it up.