The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking going single from bpu.

nigelboyne

Hi lads strongly thinking about going single, I really only want bit more top end over bpu (520is hp/tq) and to maximise the standard stock set up and change only what is absolutely necessary,

I hate the drop of tween 2nd turbo kicking in want linear power right through rev range.

I am looking at gtx3576 or gtx3582r, hooked up to srd or whibitiz turbo kit.

Clutch as close as possible to stock.

Link g4 ecu.

I presume the stock ecu can't be tweaked to run single.

Can I keep stock UK fuel pump /injectors /rail etc.or is that been sentimental and dangerous.

Any inputs or thoughts on what I can keep or should change thanks.

Screenshot_20180217-232504.png

You could get a stand-alone fitted and have it mapped in sequential or go single. SARD drop in injectors are no longer available but weren’t always reliable.

GTX3576 would be on the money for your power requirements.

Stock ECU can’t be reflashed.

Fit a Walbro 450LPH fuel pump, 650cc ANSU injectors and compatible fuel rail.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

You don't need to go aftermarket ECU as you are UK spec. just let the MAF do it's job and it will max the fuelling, just turn up the boost until you run out. That's what I plan to do with a GTX3582r. Ok it's not perfect, and yeah, it would smooth it out better with an aftermarket ECU, but hey it's been done before and works, so I'll try the cheap way first :)

Fantastic that we still have people design these kinda systems, the bpu kit looks like lot work for 30ish hp over my current set up(, it may be well enough) grant it the power be linear right through rev range. I think that kit be fantastic for someone initially going from stock to bpu who didn think there turbo s were up to bpu.

Would rule nothing out all options considered, I can't find much info on these aet turbo ?

Not well known but AET do their own billet version of the GTX with some small blade alterations ,ive used two on different cars both made circa 40 hp over expected normal GTX