The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aloha from Germany

kaz

I just picked up my new Supra on Monday. It's my second. I quite regret selling the TT6 a few years back, but I had to move back across the pond and couldn't bring it with me. I'm back in the old world (again) and bought a Supra (again). Although this time there was quite an uptick in price, so I settled for an NA. It's an SZ-R (V161), fresh off the boat.

What's wrong with the front?

Yup, I've mentally prepared myself for the feedback. I'm ok with the conversion, or at least the idea behind it. I'm not a fan of the Aimgain bumper and I need to do something about the front wheel arches and bonnet.

Here are a couple of prior threads on the car:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?303548-Supra-with-gt86-front

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?310839-Supra-with-GT86-front-end-for-sale-in-Japan

Everything?

This is accurate. I don't have a proper workspace at the moment so I haven't taken her apart to assess the situation. I will say the battery was originally held in place with tape and the condensor is pretty much free floating in the bay. If it's too much trouble to fix, I'll be converting the front-end back to stock. As it stands, I'd like to leave it as is and focus my attention on an NA-T setup.

I guess you will need to change all bumper, front fenders, bonnet, lights etc to revert it to how it should be. Not a small job. The question is why would anyone do this in the first place?

The side sticker is also misspelled.. :taped:

The stickers an easy fix, my concern would be how well has the conversion been done, battery not secured and

the condensor floating loose scream badly

looks fine to me , if well converted , and you can see at night with better headlights! , not a fan of the rear wing , each to their own

I thought the same thing. I even told my colleagues that I would bring tools to the port to remove it prior to the journey home. When I saw it in person, I changed my mind. :senile:

One of their initial quips: does it drive ok, or did you fly it home?