The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What’s it worth (forged na-t engine)

Suprakeith

Am considering selling my fully forged built Na-t monster engine.

The engine runs fine no leaks.

Just interested to see what people think it’s worth before completely make up mind. The full details are in my build thread.

Have listed full spec well as much as can remember at moment, so may be few parts to add that have forgotten, the build has cost my just under £14k and the new crank damper will be fitted next weekend.

The engine is more than capable of 1000bhp, I was building her to handle that no worries.

Full spec

Block

Decked, Honed, cleaned & painted black.

Forged CP pistons - 9.0.1 - rated 1500bhp.

Forged Eagle rods 1500bhp rated.

ACL race bearings -standard size.

Brand new Toyota OEM Crank.

ARP Conrod bolts.

ARP mains.

ARP Head studs.

New Toyota TT oil pump.

New Toyota N/A water pump.

New Toyota oil pick up.

New Toyota oil lower sump.

New welded crank sprocket.

New Toyota oil seals & gaskets.

New Toyota thermostat.

Whifbitz billet cambelt tensioner.

New Toyota tensioner.

Racing-Lines thermostatic oil sandwich plate.

Lexes oil housing bolt-for oil feed.

Sump oil return drilled with Whifbitz oil return fitted.

New 2x toyota knock sensors.

All new Toyota sensors.

New power steering pump & fittings.

Vibra-technics fast road engine mounts.

Head

Ported, polished and match ported and skimmed N/A head.

BC 264 cams.

BC springs.

Ferrea valve stem oil seals.

New Toyota valve collets.

Toyota retainers.

Toyota buckets.

HKS adjustable verniers.

New Toyota N/A head gasket.

Engine

Competition lightweight 4.5kg flywheel.

ARP flywheel bolts.

Whifbitz stage 3 clutch.

ARP clutch bolts.

Whifbitz blue billet pulley set.

Gates racing cam belt.

Gates aux belt tensioner.

Gates aux belt.

SRD steel power steering bracket(aircon pump deleted).

New Toyota lower timing cover.

Titan motorsport version 2 crank damper.

New copper spark plugs.

New injector seals.

All new Toyota gaskets.

All pictures are in my build thread.

You're very close to finishing it mate, why not get it finished and at least see how the car goes with all the hard work you've put into it?

Price-wise, I don't think you'll like the valuations that come in. I'd say in the region of £7k to be honest with it being an NA engine.

You're very close to finishing it mate, why not get it finished and at least see how the car goes with all the hard work you've put into it?

Price-wise, I don't think you'll like the valuations that come in. I'd say in the region of £7k to be honest with it being an NA engine.

I was expecting 7k so not shocked at that one bit bud.

And she is close to be finished but still needs about 6k before on road as need turbo, ecu, injectors and need to get front wings, bumper and bonnet painted.

Don’t sell it, you have put so much time and thought into this it would be such a shame not to see the end result.

I have put everything into the build for sure, not sure want to sell at all just weighting up options as if honest after 14k and 18months I am struggling to finish it myself and have been let down by so many mates it’s unreal, this weekend I damaged the ATI crank damper as tried to remove using my puller which I knew was too small but mate said would help with his and as normal didn’t show. It’s another £500 didn’t plan on spending.

I do want the finish and enjoy the car but think cause have put so much in and every day drive boring car to work I losing the enjoyment and thrill of it. As know if sold engine and car would have enough for car I enjoy driving again.

Like say not sure want to sell engine just at a cross roads with it all.

I was expecting 7k so not shocked at that one bit bud.

And she is close to be finished but still needs about 6k before on road as need turbo, ecu, injectors and need to get front wings, bumper and bonnet painted.

Well in that case, if I had 7k I'd have probably offered you it for the engine. Big saving for someone if you do decide to let it go! The final hurdle will all be worth it though mate once you get it mapped

Have you thought about passing it to a trader to finish off the last bits for you? Fresh pair of eyes and all that.

I did think that couple weeks ago but garage who help build engine is closing because he had enough of ungrateful customers, think more than that but that’s what he saying. I did think about the traders on here but by time towed car to them and paid the high labour costs that would be gearbox fund gone. Really going to have to sit and think about what’s best for me, as part of me wants car done but other part just wants to get my life back.