The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM 16” wheels, mint condition - value?

kitch79

Hi all. I’ve been meaning to get around to this for 6 month since my UK Brake upgrade. As my mint condition 16” facelift wheels will no longer fit, I was wondering what they are worth before I consider selling them.

The front tyres are used but plenty left. The rears (NEXAN) are ‘as’ new as they were only installed for an MOT by JM Imports. Once I picked the car up I changed the wheels in their shop.

No pics off the car as they’ve been in the loft ever since. But I have some before collection day while still on it. imageimageimageimageimageimage

So... what’s people’s thoughts on valve?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the centre caps are sought after the wheels not so much (used to be given away).

If they are 9" at the back (what size are the nexen tyres?) that will help, but you really need someone after these as most would rather have stock 17's or need then for the same reason as you ie big brakes. Also 16" tyres in the profiles required are getting rare, there isn't much choice.

Saying this they've go to be worth what it would cost to refurb them say £150-200? But you may well have a long wait.

I have a set of 16" pre facelift rims that I advertised all freshly painted to a pretty good standard with caps for £200 and no takers so I'm just holding onto them. By contrast I bought a set of 17's nowhere near so well painted for £350. So as Scooter says the demand and price is more toward the 17's rather than 16's and also I can confirm the tyre choice on the higher profile for the 16's is very limited. I recon it'd be £100 if you wanted to move them quickly and price up from there would have an exponential affect on how long they would take to shift. The tyres won't really add to the wheel appeal, personally I never understood why people would put economy tyres onto a Supra.

I have a set of 16" pre facelift rims that I advertised all freshly painted to a pretty good standard with caps for £200 and no takers so I'm just holding onto them. By contrast I bought a set of 17's nowhere near so well painted for £350. So as Scooter says the demand and price is more toward the 17's rather than 16's and also I can confirm the tyre choice on the higher profile for the 16's is very limited. I recon it'd be £100 if you wanted to move them quickly and price up from there would have an exponential affect on how long they would take to shift. The tyres won't really add to the wheel appeal, personally I never understood why people would put economy tyres onto a Supra.

Fitted to get it through the mot by JM Imports, in the first post

Doubt the wheels are worth a fat lot to be honest unless you get lucky

Hmmm. Cheers guys.

Was hoping around 200, but seems it’s more like 100!

Stoopid 16’s.

I never bought or even paid for the Nexans, I had brand new toyo proxes on the alloys I was taking up when picking the car up, I wanted to take them up before the MOT But they wouldn’t have it ha.

I’ll have to think about it. 100 quick seems pointless... not even enough for a new front tyre is it

£200 might be possible, the centre caps went for £60 in another thread. If someone is still on the 16's and wanted a refurb they'd have to pay more, but it's just finding that someone.

17's are popular as they make good backup wheels for the uk brake owners and the general opinion is 17's can look ok, 16's are just too small (I personally don't mind them but I think i'm in a minority!) Ebay might be better than here as a trade might want them to complete a stock look to a car whilst flipping the cars current wheels?

Ebay might be better than here as a trade might want them to complete a stock look to a car whilst flipping the cars current wheels?

There was a set on eBay recently that started out at over £200 and finished up at buy it now £145 or best offer. Didn't reappear after that so not sure if they sold or if the seller gave up trying.

Can't beat the way a MKIV drives on 16 inch stock rims and decent tyres. If I bought another that's how it would be, in the wet they are unbeatable, the kinematics of the MKIV suspension don't suit low profile tyres IMO.

But the look shit and you can't fit big billet calipers, case closed :innocent: