The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Injector help

nicky

I’m no good with injector flow rates etc and have no idea what I’m looking at!

I’m after 750-800hp with my setup I figured 1000cc was enough? But is there any difference in brands? Deutchworks, ID, Bosch etc?

Can someone explain/help me with the formula/what injectors I need?

Cheers

1000-1100 injector will cover you on pump fuel and injectors from ID or ASNU will have the car idling and running like it's running on stock injectors.

If you plan on running ethanol for that sort of power or more then you will need larger injectors.

Nick,

A VERY rough guide;

On 6 cylinder engines on pump fuel your horsepower goal roughly equals injectors size at 90-100% duty

So for 600bhp a 600cc injector is flat out

For 750bhp a 750cc injector is flat out

Obviously every engine and tune varies slightly, and you dont want to run them flat out anyway, so with that in mind you would build in a little headroom and for 750bhp a 1000cc injector should be comfortable at 75-85% duty

Because E85 is primarily ethanol it needs roughly 50% more fuel to reach your horsepower target, so your 1000cc injector would then need to be 1500cc, add to that the fact that you would probably find a bit more power available safely (which is why people use E85 in the first place) with a touch more boost then you can see why ID make 1700cc injectors for their previously 1000cc injector customers !!

ID or ASNU would be my recommendation, personally I prefer ID.