The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ATI Crank pulley/stock cooling fan help.

Suprakeith

Am some advice please as have fitted ATI crank damper to engine build and was doing finishing touches and was planning on still running stock radiator cooling fan, but when fitted fan noticed it was catching on the 3 bolts still out from crank pulley.

Question is does anyone run stock fan with ATI crank damper?

Or is it a case of when fit crank damper have to then fit electric cooling fans? If fitting electric fans can anyone recommend good kit too use please and best way to wire in fans please?

I run the ATI damper with a stock radiator fan and have no issues. Are you using the gates belt? (http://realstreetperformance.com/Products/Gates/Gates-Serpentine-Belt-for-ATI-918562-Harmonic-Dampener-2JZ.html).

What 3 bolts is it catching on? sorry didn't quite understand that bit. The only difference between mine and users is that I still have the aircon pump.

Ahh yeah you are right. Shouldnt have an affect on the fan. The only things i can think it is then is either the fan is sitting to close to the engine. Not sure how thatd be possible tho. Or your crank pulley is sat too far out? Is the pulley definatley seated correctly? I had to get mine machined slightly fit right

I run the ATI damper with a stock radiator fan and have no issues. Are you using the gates belt? (http://realstreetperformance.com/Products/Gates/Gates-Serpentine-Belt-for-ATI-918562-Harmonic-Dampener-2JZ.html).

What 3 bolts is it catching on? sorry didn't quite understand that bit. The only difference between mine and users is that I still have the aircon pump.

Hi yea am using the right gates belt.

If you look at picture it’s the 3 bolts protruding from the crank damper, catching on my fan blades.

The only difference I can think off is, could be because mine is an N/A block and head?? Does anyone know if that would make difference?

Ahh yeah you are right. Shouldnt have an affect on the fan. The only things i can think it is then is either the fan is sitting to close to the engine. Not sure how thatd be possible tho. Or your crank pulley is sat too far out? Is the pulley definatley seated correctly? I had to get mine machined slightly fit right

The pulley does look correct but it could be worth taking it off and double checking to be sure, it is a brand new crank aswell so maybe that could be causing it to not sit perfectly right

Hi yea am using the right gates belt.

If you look at picture it’s the 3 bolts protruding from the crank damper, catching on my fan blades.

The only difference I can think off is, could be because mine is an N/A block and head?? Does anyone know if that would make difference?

Just popped out and took this picture. My fan is nowhere near the crank pulley bolts, so something isn't right on yours?

20180520_2242092.jpg

Just popped out and took this picture. My fan is nowhere near the crank pulley bolts, so something isn't right on yours?

Thank you for taking picture, I now have funny feeling that my crank damper isn’t seated properly which now means trying to take the thing off again, which is going to be nightmare plus have just filled all my fluids today.

Been looking online and some sites saying about a tolerance guide with the ATI crank pulley before fitting but just checked my box it came in and have no tolerance settings for crank key way.

Yeah im pretty sure mine sits no where near the blades

You are right about the n/a being different. Found this on another forum [ATTACH=CONFIG]227219[/ATTACH]

You are a star [emoji106][emoji106], I have been searching and worrying that the damper wasn’t fitted right, thinking I would have to remove it all again.

Any chance you could send us that link be nice read whole thread if there is anymore.

So looks like could just need tt fan then.

Link i have added to above post. Theres a few things about it on supraforums.com some people have trimmed the fan. Some people havent put the 3 bolts in the front of the damper. Surely makes sense to just change the fan lol some strange people. No worries btw. Can be annoying to find the right answers sometimes

Link i have added to above post. Theres a few things about it on supraforums.com some people have trimmed the fan. Some people havent put the 3 bolts in the front of the damper. Surely makes sense to just change the fan lol some strange people. No worries btw. Can be annoying to find the right answers sometimes

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful. I have just been reading that people remove the 3 torx bolts but I will go for the change fan option I think.

Just can’t believe that there is so little information about fitting the ATI to an na engine, at lease now I can start engine as planned next weekend and search out new TT fan.

Thanks again for helping me out this been bugging me most of day thinking if I had done something wrong

I did see that and am considering it, now have encountered this problem with fan, don’t know what best option for cooling is..Do I go with TT fan or go electric fans.

Want to do what ever option provides the best cooling for engine.

I did see that and am considering it, now have encountered this problem with fan, don’t know what best option for cooling is..Do I go with TT fan or go electric fans.

Want to do what ever option provides the best cooling for engine.

Jamie ran the stock viscous fan on the Black Beast when it was 1300hp, therefore I would leave the stock fan with its shroud in place

Jamie ran the stock viscous fan on the Black Beast when it was 1300hp, therefore I would leave the stock fan with its shroud in place

I didn’t know that and still have my fan shroud so getting TT viscous is properly the best and easiest option.