The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally! I have a built engine!

Gpro

Sharing some pictures of my newly built 2JZ engine that I have dreamed of building for almost 10 years and finally done it! Engine was dropped in the car last week and started up for the first time today!

Engine spec:

• GSC S2 274 Billet Cams
  • GSC GSC5066 Conical Valve Springs & Titanium Retainers
  • Ferrea Competition Valves
  • Ferrea Valve Guides
  • Ferrea Valve Seals
  • CP Pistons 9:0:1 Compression
  • Piston Coatings - CBX to Crown. TLML to skirts and TLTD to internals. From Camcoat
  • Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Rods with ARP625+
  • ARP Main Studs
  • Real Street Billet Main Caps
  • ARP 625+ Head Studs
  • Powerhouse Racing Upgraded Oil Pump
  • Race spec Port and Polish head

Here's a few pictures of the engine and internals.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=25232&d=1520079130

Edited by Gpro (see edit history)

Who did you use to do the main cap line bore and honing and thrust face machining if you don't mind me asking? Looks a very nice build!

Not sure, my engine builder did most of the machining. The line boring he had to take it to a different garage to get that done as he didn't have the machinery required. I can find out if you like?

Great build mate, what power are you going for with it?

Internals should be able to handle 1,600rwhp / 1800hp but not going anywhere near that level. Looking to max out my 6870 (around 1050/1100hp) and stick with that unless a newer quick spooling 1000hp turbo comes out that's capable of more power.

Not sure, my engine builder did most of the machining. The line boring he had to take it to a different garage to get that done as he didn't have the machinery required. I can find out if you like?

Just curious as very few UK machine shops can correctly line bore and hone a big straight six block. I have seen some disastrous attempts, so always keen to find shops able to do this accurately!