The mkiv Supra Owners Club

could be the beginning of the end

peter richards

been doing bits and bobs on the car over the last few winters all fluids done , cleaned up underneath, done the calipers , cars looking really good atm , but I just cant be arsed to drive it anymore , in my truck most of the time with work and easy when going out with the dog , beaches and muddy walks so the supra stays put .

ive taxed and motd it this year and tbh I think ive wasted my money . so ill have to have a think about where I'm going with it .

Pete, keep an eye on the USA market, work out when (to the actual month) yours is exactly 25 years old and may be wait til/plan for then if selling feels likely?

I do get you, I try and use them once a week, certainly no longer than a fortnight, I just think I'll sit on them and tinker as you have been though, anything newer will be similar practicality wise won't it?

X6........perhaps a sit down and rethink! :D

Whatever floats your boat though to be fair, we all change and get that little older! :innocent: Slightly harder decision these days as I feel once gone now it'll be harder to come back if you wanted, but it's just a car at the end of the day and someone else will get to enjoy it.

I think the USA market take up will be interesting, right now I think it's bumping up the Japanese market and if it stays like it is I think it will be the place to give you the best return if it comes to it :(

I only did 400 miles in my Supra last year but loved it, seems to be running as good as I can ever recall it has over the last 20 years. I find the less I drive the Supra the better it seems, compared to all the other cars I own or drive. But, if you've lost the love may as well sell it onto someone else as these are old cars now in need of close attention to maintain at their best with increasingly hard to find parts and when you can find them they are increasingly expensive parts.

I only did 400 miles in my Supra last year but loved it, seems to be running as good as I can ever recall it has over the last 20 years. I find the less I drive the Supra the better it seems, compared to all the other cars I own or drive. But, if you've lost the love may as well sell it onto someone else as these are old cars now in need of close attention to maintain at their best with increasingly hard to find parts and when you can find them they are increasingly expensive parts.

I also agree with this. I don't use mine nearly as much due to public transport being so good and parking being so bad where I work now. But when I do get the opportunity to give it a good run on the weekends I love it more than ever.