The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damaged Manual supra should i buy?

amoreto

Hi Guys,

I have found damaged supra N/A Manual for £3500 the guy had an accident went in to bushes, nothing major couple of arms and rear quarter.

spec list is not big

some damaged body kit

19inch rotas

HKS cat back exhaust

kaaz lsd

Is it worth paying £3500 for it? thanks

Has it been classed as a category of any kind buddy! It could be quite a expensive repair to get it to be 100%! I think if you were thinking about it you need to have a very very good look over it and make sure the floor isn't damaged!

Now I’m a firm believer that anything can be fixed but you really need to ask yourself can the repair plus parts plus the purchase price work out cheaper than buying a nice example of a N/A manual if so and you don’t mind a project then go for it also has the car been written off by the insurance because that will effect resale value at a later date

its is unrecorded damage, i have a garage and I can fix this car all by myself, all I am scared of is rust, quarter doesnt look to bad i have all the tools to get that back in shape, changing suspension parts doesnt scare me aswell

You can get a very nice manual NA for £8k or £9k and a decent one for a bit less.

There looks to be a lot of damage and the collapsed suspension could have sent some serious force through the sub frame and floor panels. Looks like an original silver which has been sprayed black to a budget with plastic on and you'd assume also then with glass in. Due to its popularity at the time silver cars are now probably the least valued colour and that will always be reflected on the VIN plate. You have to be looking at least £2k in new and second second hand parts along with a cheap paint job to get it back together plus your time so if its a hobby project it'll be worthwhile. I would have thought £2.5k could buy it, £3.5k is a lot for a wrecked NA.