The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on facelift lights?

raddys

Hi guys, I'm in abit of a pickle and thought I'd ask your opinions. I'm currently in the process of completely going over the car with a fine tooth comb to get it mint as possible.. It's a 93 TT gz and so far I've gutted the whole interior for deep cleaning, had the dash panels repainted, re powder coated wheels and calipers with new decals, new tyres, discs, pads and the car is now in the paint shop having some paint (stone chips) and a full detail and mop.. the car should be absolutely mint but my problem is I have bought facelift headlights.. now I want the car to be original as possible and the pre facelift lights that are in atm are near perfect anyway.. not sure if I'm being silly but I kinda think facelift headlights in a pre facelift look odd if the rest of the car is totally how it come from factory.

So my question being.. do I put the new facelifts in or keep it oem? What do you guys think?

Cheers

Matey I have a gz and changed to facelift lights and it looks so much better!

They do look so much better but I'm just thinking of originality

- - - Updated - - -

If you buy facelift and keep the originals then you have all bases covered and you'll always be able to sell the spare set if you ever sell the car, probably at a profit to.

True

- - - Updated - - -

Have you got the facelift side lights/indicators too?

No not yet just new facelifts, why do you have some for sale?

Tricky one. If you're going facelift then you'll need to change the sidelights too of course which means hacking into or buying the correct wiring loom for the sidelights.

I reckon for the worth of the facelifts I'd stick with the original ones personally. Original is best nowadays IMHO. Mind you, no harm in keeping yours in the shed and being able to transfer back come sale time. It keeps them out of the UV and stone chips too!