The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price on very rare triple 60mm HKS Electronics Console (photo)?

sCaz

Hi,

Back in the days dreaming of Supras I saw a dash compartment replacement with three gauges kinda oem-style and for me it really added to the whole classy japanese race street car look. A few years ago when I bought a Supra I was looking for that which I remembered around the internet/eBay and was surprised I couldn't find anything similar to my memory to buy. Only carbons or plastic but I found some pictures of a HKS Electronics Console with four smaller gauges and thought I might have remembered wrong about the triples. Then one day I came across it, an HKS Electronics Console on a hefty buy-now price but I thought it was worth it for me.

I took it out from the car when I sold it because I thought it would be hard to find a new one for the next Supra. Now a few years later I have never once seen one for sale on different forums/groups/ebay nor have I came across a Supra with it in it so I am wondering if I were really lucky, if I am missing the posts about it or something else.

I think I will be holding on to it but after finding a forum post for an active club guy that has been looking for the one with four 52mm gauges "for years" and no info on a triple 60mm console I am kind of curious on the rarity in comparison and surely the price of my console that holds three 60mm and HKS Electronics? It has OEM box and OEM manual paired with it.

What are your thoughts?

hks_ecc.png

@supra_aero: Yeah there are alot of carbon fibre ones. This is exactly the same color, texture and somewhat softness as the rest of the oem dashboard.

@Scooter: The gauges in the picture are defi-link defi meters with controller, has nothing to do with the console itself. Yeah I figure the buyers are rare but given the seller I found a couple of years ago seems to be the only occurance of a re-sale of the triple and that I've only read of one sale on the four-holed version it would be interesting to know the actual rarity and maybe an estimated pricepoint if one were to sell it. Hard to value such a specific items though, I have no clue :-D

Here is another picture to get this piece out on the internet at least! I did not have any on this computer with it mounted in the car though.

hks_ecc2.jpg

Edited by sCaz (see edit history)